4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2013 10:50 PM by George_Johnson

Adding an Excel Table to Web Forms

liza.quirino

I would like to create a web form with the table below and adding in the text or drop down menus for the info above the table. Is this possible?

SNAG_Program-0000.jpg

• 1. Re: Adding an Excel Table to Web Forms
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can't create a form in FormsCentral like that, but if you have Acrobat you can convert from Excel to PDF and add the fields in Acrobat. You can even set up the automatic calculations. PDF forms can work with FormsCentral, with certain limitations.

• 2. Re: Adding an Excel Table to Web Forms
            liza.quirino Level 1

Thanks George!

I was trying to simply the way this form is used once I receive the responses because I like the way it imports vertically the information I need (bonus, if it wouldve also imported the description column) to excel already, instead of c&p to excel to create my pivot tables. I have to Vlookup or prepopulate the school, etc info to identify who the data belongs to.

Essentially, I would need a way to create a pdf or web form to collect data to then convert into pivot tables... would the pdf still be able to do that?

Thanks,

Liza

• 3. Re: Adding an Excel Table to Web Forms
              liza.quirino Level 1

Alsoooo... by using the drop down menu, I was hoping to have information in there like choosing a state per se, then the next drop down would only show the cities for that specific state.. Im hoping if I can get this figured out that I don't want the person filling out the form to have the right information for the correct course they are calling for.

heeeeeelp.. please!

Thank you,

Liza

• 4. Re: Adding an Excel Table to Web Forms
                George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

A PDF form submits the same way as a web form and you look at and retrieve the data in the same way as well. So if you're happy with the way you can access and process the data form a web form, you will be happy with a PDF form.

Regarding the dropdown functionality you want, that is possible with a PDF form. This type of thing is one of the advantages of using a PDF form. It does involve some JavaScript programming, but there are resources available to help you with it and you can ask questions in the Acrobat Forms and Acrobat JavaScript forums here if you need help.