0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2013 1:38 PM by foolish tree

How do I use voice commands with CC on my Mac?

foolish tree Level 1

Howdy all! Just made the switch to Adobe from Final Cut 7. Overall, I'm digging it a bunch.

However, there's one aspect of CC on my Mac that's vexing me.

As you may know, there is speech recognition / voice command software built in to Mountain Lion (it's been around for years, and many iterations of OSX). With this software, you can make any number of custom voice commands for another piece of software. For instance, in FCP 7, I can program the keystroke "l" (play track) to respond to the voice command, "Forward." (It can be any word or phrase you type in.) This works with other programs as well.

All well and good, and pretty dang cool. However, I can't make any voice commands work with any of the CC software (I've tried Premiere and Media Encoder so far). I'm curious if anyone else has had any luck, or, perhaps, that the ported interface from Windows to Mac has some layer of code that (probably inadvertantly) blocks voice commands from working with CC on a Mac.

Anyone got any tips? Tricks? Confirmation that this simply won't work on a Mac? (If the last, I'd love to know the "why" as well.)

Thanks!

Best,

Ian

2009 Macbook Pro, 2.8Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram, 1TB 5400 RPM hard drive, OSX 10.8.4.