Welcome to the forum.
- What OS and version are you running?
- What is the make and model of your video card?
- If you have a PC, what is the driver number and version?
- Again, for the PC, is that the latest driver from nVidia, or AMD/ATI?
- If you have a Mac, have you updated your OS, as the video driver is *usually* updated then?
Thanks for responding, Bill! I think I've figured out what the problem is. As soon as I remove any color grading I've done, or any other effects from the clips, the footage runs smoothly. But how do I get the footage, with the effects added, to playback smoothly? Is it as simple as rendering? When I click "Render selection" it looks like it's just playing back what I have on the timeline and that's it.
I'm running the latest version of Windows 8, with an AMD Radeon 7570 video card (which I've recently updated the software for), and I've also updated to the latest driver version. I'm not the most computer literate guy, so I'll do my best to provide information. Thanks again!
The issue does sound like a graphics card issue. Are you running with hardware acceleration, or in software mode?
You might also try renedering the timeline before playing back, since it is likely that your processing power is not up to doing the rendering on the fly.