3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 3:01 PM by JJMack

Batch command unavailable.

bufoarborealis Level 1

Suddenly I get the Message:  Command "Batch" is currently unavailable.  I have CS6 Creative Cloud single-app membership.

• 1. Re: Batch command unavailable.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

A little more information and a screen capture would be helpful.

To me it sounds like your like your playing a action that has a recorded step file>Automate>Batch and something went bad like the automate batch is trying to batch an action that is currently being played. The action processor does not support action recursion. So something like that would be invalid or unavailable.   This message 'currently unavailable' is a common error message you get when playing an action that is not well designed and recorded. When some state exists that make some command invalid that command is currently grayed out and not available. If an action tries to use that command that error message will pop up.,

• 2. Re: Batch command unavailable.
            artistfallsdown

I got this error when I tried to use "Color Range" on a sequence of images, to isolate a bright red section of the image. However, if the image didn't have any red, the "Color Range" failed to select anything, and so you can't make a Mask out of 0 selected pixels. I kept clicking "Continue" to skip the non-red images in the sequence, and the rest of the images ran just fine, without errors and masking the red shapes. Hope that helps.

• 3. Re: Batch command unavailable.
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

artistfallsdown wrote:

I got this error when I tried to use "Color Range" on a sequence of images, to isolate a bright red section of the image. However, if the image didn't have any red, the "Color Range" failed to select anything, and so you can't make a Mask out of 0 selected pixels. I kept clicking "Continue" to skip the non-red images in the sequence, and the rest of the images ran just fine, without errors and masking the red shapes. Hope that helps.

No help at all there is no details about the current state of the document being worked or where the batch command originated from when you suddenly get the batch not available message.

Color Range would not generate that message what will happen when a step failed to produce the condition  following steps require is those steps will fail to produce what the were designed to do and may also produce an error message continuing the execution after such an error will produce unpredictable results for some process failed. Additional steps may also fail.

Clicking continue does not skip processing a image it continues to process the document being worker on by the action after a step failed and pop-up an error message which stops the actions in the step that has failed. If you click continue what is skiped is the step that has just failed, execution continues from the next step in the action.