• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mK@MSITStore contains an invalid HTML tag

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I compile my master help project which contains many merged projects I get the following message after compiling:
The file mk:@MSITStore:C:\[path of project]\master.chm::/master.hhc contains an invalid HTML tag.

I have looked at the .hhc file and it looks fine. I do not get this message when compiling and running any of the sub-projects. Any ideas?

I am running Windows Vista and RoboHelp 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv03 and welcome to the RH communiyt. Check out this link. for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I did try this solution a few days ago and it does not fix the issue. I am running IE 7, with Windows Vista. The error message that I am getting refers to an invalid HTML tag. The strange thing about the project is that all the sub-projects open fine but when combined with the master toc, I get the error.

The project compiles OK in RoboHelp, but the compiled project does not open correctly.

If I try to compile the project in HTML Help Workshop I get an error message that the .hhc file cannot be opened and the project does not work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do each of the merged CHMs work OK if they are opened independently? Wondering if you may need to compile each of them in RH& - if you haven't - and possibly even re-add them to the master TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to recompile everything and readd it. I have tried adding the sub-projects at different levels within the book (as seen in a post back in September). I have tried deleting the .cpd and .hhc files and recreating them. Nothing works.

I am not sure if this is a clue, but when opening the compiled project, I get the error message and then the main topic displays. The TOC entries do not work, and when right-cicking on the main topc in the right pane and selecting properties the address displays as:

mk:@MSITStore:C:\HTML%20Help\WW1\Compiled\Master.chm::/Help_Intro.htm

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is any help, I saw this message once and found that my .hhc file had been truncated. You have claimed that you have opened the .hhc and "it looks fine," but your error message is telling you otherwise. The fact that all of the subprojects work independently also points to this master.hhc file. If you want me to have a look at it, you can email it to me and I'll see if I can find anything.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get this message if your merged CHMs are not in a book in your merged TOC. Check that.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, have recieved this error.

Have you solved the issue yet?

I have removed all merged TOC and the error goes away. As soon as I add a merged TOC (in a book as well), the error message occurs. I have discoverd that my baggage files have a red X on them, yet I cannot remove the from the baggage file list. If I discover a fix, I will let you know.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to clear out the baggage file using Amebr's suggestion on 1/15/08 in the "Can't delete baggage file" thread. However, that did not solve the TOC/hhc issue. In the interest of moving on. I have eliminated the merged TOC and put external links to start pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Check out this thread for more about the book issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp