27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2015 11:27 AM by johnontheshoreline RSS

Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253 Community Member

Hello. I can no longer access the past projects I've created in Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I can no longer create new projects or otherwise use the program.

My adobe id login information works when logging into photoshop.com via a browser, but it does not work from the program itself. I get a message reading, "Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections. Error 400."

I have followed instructions on how to update the Inspiration Browser. This includes uninstalling the existing Inspiration Browser. However, clicking on "download the update" takes me to a standard "problem loading page" tap within Firefox. I've tried pasting the URL (eib.assyst.net/PIB/AdobePhotoshopDotcomInspirationBrowser.html) into other browsers. I've tried allowing that site and photoshop.com in general as a trusted site within IE (Firefox is my primary browser). Still doesn't work.

My web connections are fine.

Adobe informed me during an online chat that my product is "very old" and no longer supported via chat. The box the program came in says 2010.

Any ideas? I've done some Googling and was not encouraged. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400
          the_wine_snob Community Member

Welcome to the forum.

Photoshop.com has been discontinued. It has been replaced by Adobe Revel. This forum has the FAQ's for migrating a Photoshop.com account to Adobe Revel: http://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400
            A.T. Romano Community Member

mikenw253

You are not alone with this problem. When I went to open my Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 from the Welcome Screen I was greeted with the following.

PE9Problem.JPG

If you want to use the program, the answer is to close Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

1. Right click the desktop icon for the program and select Properties.

2. In Properties select Open File Location. And, click on Open File Location which will take you to

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe. Right next to it is Adobe Premiere Elements.exe.

3. Make a desktop shortcut for Adobe Premiere Elements.exe and use that to open the program, bypassing the

Welcome Screen.

4. When you open the program, you will probably see the Sign In at the top of the interface. Until further notice

do not attempt to Sign in and do not attempt to create a new Adobe ID.

The above should allow you to work in the program with old and new projects.

There is a problem with the Sign In. I suspect with Adobe servers. Do not involve photoshop.com and the inspirational browser into this since it will

only complicate matters if they are not already doing so.

I am currently trying to remedy my similar situation. This goes beyond Adobe not supporting anything but the current version.

More later.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

Hunt,

Please refer to my post which I submitted without each of us seeing the post of the other.

This goes beyond the photoshop.com and Adobe Revel matter. However, this current matter might be related to someone at Adobe working on servers or up to something.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400
                the_wine_snob Community Member

ATR,

Bypassing the welcome screen, with the Photoshop.com sign-in will get one into the editing app. portion of PrE, but if one has a Photoshop.com account, with used storage, I would strongly suggest that they migrate from Photoshop.com to Revel, for their account, to access their stored data. The Photoshop.com servers have been disconnected, and rolled into the Revel servers.

Now, if a user has zero in their old Photoshop.com account, then just by-passing that sign-in screen should be all that they need.

Thanks for your suggestion, as it can certainly be helpful.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253 and Hunt,

I believed this matter is being discussed from the point of viewing of being able to use a video editor as a video editor and not the photoshop.com Adobe Revel matter although what is happening may well be an unexpected result of Adobe making changes in its servers.

Update. Flushing the preferences does not change the situation and remedy that I have described.

I have checked...the situation of sign in exists for Premiere Elements 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

Thanks for the advice. When I tried the workaround with the shortcut bypassing the welcome screen, I encountered a "serious error" message notifying me that the program needed to shut down. The program then shut down.

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

Also, I am using a PC with Windows 7, so Revel does not work.

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

At this time I think that talk of photoshop.com and Adobe Revel clouds the situation.

The problem of using the Adobe ID and Password still persists for me in Premiere Elements 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10. But, the workaround of bypassing the Welcome Screen to get to editing and exporting continues to work.

In view of all this, I suspect that you have more problems than just the sign in.

This is what I would like you to do so that, at least, you can get into the program for editing and exporting even if you cannot use the Adobe ID and Password.

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. The path to it is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

9 Folder

and in the 9 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 9 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see that path.

if that does nothing to help...then

2. Next, go to Administrative Tools/Services/FLEXnet Licensing Service and make sure that Startup Type = Automatic and Service Status = Started.

if that does nothing to help...then

3. If all of the above do not get you at least into the edit workspace, then do a complete and clean uninstall via the usual Control Panel way. Then run the program through ccleaner (regular and registry cleaning). Next reinstall Premiere Elements 9 and then the 9.0.1 Update.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Again I stress I am not expecting any of the above to impact the Adobe ID and Password issue which, at this time, I believe to an Adobe Server problem. But, I hoping that what I have suggested above will enable you to go about your video editing and export successfully until we can find out from Adobe what is happening on its side with those IDs and Passwords. Yours is not an isolated incident. I have the same problem with my Adobe ID and Password for versions 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, and 10.

If you have any questions about my latest comments, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Unless the problem of the Adobe IDs and Passwords is not solved soon, I would suggest that the moderators place a notification of the situation in the forum's Announcement.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I do not want to distract from what needs to get done for the immediate, but, out of curiosity, did you have media stored on photoshop.com and are you eager to continue with Adobe Revel? You do not need either in order to do your Premiere Elements editing and exporting.

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

Thanks. I went into the C drive, saw users and within that there was "Mike" (me). I did not see AppData within that. I then went into folder properties and checked the box to show hidden files. At this point, however, the "Mike" folder seemed to go away. I now only see "Public" folder within the Users folder. Never did see AppData or the others.

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

When you went to Start, typed in Folder Options in the Search field above the Start button, and click on Folder Options at the top of that left column, did you then see the Folder Options dialog/View Tab and dotted the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"?

FolderOptions.JPG

If you have been there and done that, please restart the computer and then see if you can see the path that I described above.

I looked it over and went the route just to make sure that I had not goofed in typing. It looks and works fine. That path should be the one for both Windows 7 and 8 64 bit.

Please check it out again. If you cannot find it, then move forward to the Administrative Tools suggestion and still forward to uninstall/reinstalled if necessary as described above. Please update anywhere along the line if you have problems with the suggestions.

Thanks.

ATR.

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

OK, gotcha. I was able to do that. Now will circle back with original instructions. Thanks.

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

OK, I was able to delete the prefs file and open the program using the newly created shortcut. I could see under the file menu that there was no trace of past projects. No ability to open recent projects. I tried to create a new project but then got a message saying, "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project."

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

On the second option, I went to Administrative Tools/Services/ but did not see "FLEXnet Licensing Service" in there.

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

Go to Documents/Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/9 and see if you see any old project.prel files there. Is that where you have been saving the prior project.prel (project files)?

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not better. But onward to Administrative Tools/Services/ and then the uninstall/reinstall. But first let me know what is in the save location for your old projects. Deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file should not have disturbed them.

ATR

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

I did not see your post 13 until I posted by post 14. Here is my catch up.

Please take a look at this screenshoot to see if that is where you were looking for the FLEXnet Licensing Service. Make sure that you scroll down far enough to find it. Then double click to open it in order to see the Startup Type and Service Status.

FLEX.JPG

I scrolled to get that FLEX... at the top.

ATR

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

I sorted by name and see only Fax, Function Discovery Provider Host, Function Discovery Resource Publication and Futuremark SystemInfo Service under the entries beginning with F. I checked on both the Extended and Standard tabs.

On a side note, the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 program is on my C drive. The videos and possibly some other folders are on my E drive, which has much more space. "Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files" is one folder on my E drive. Layouts is another. "Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save" and another preview files folder are in another folder within this E drive. I save projects to the E drive, basically.

The preview folders have Adobe file names and "PRV" extensions, but they say they are empty. Three of tehm were created today as I tried to create new projects.

Thanks again for your help on this. Much appreciated.

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

First thing that I want you to do is to go to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and direct ALL those scratch disks to the same place (at least for now having them directed to Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9). Having the scratch disks scattered may be part of the problem as well as the location used.

I checked again just now, and ALL my Elements programs (Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) give that same 400 error when trying to enter the Adobe ID and Password.

Please let us know how the scratch discs phase of this troubleshooting went before any uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

OK, when I go into Elements and select the Edit menu, none of the options can be selected. This includes the Preferences option.

• 19. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

Not sounding good at all.

Time for the complete uninstall/reinstall as described before.

We will be watching for the results.

Thanks for staying with the troubleshooting.

ATR

• 20. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

A new side developments in this sign in saga.

All of a sudden I am getting this pop up

SignInIssue.JPG

Have you gotten this yet?

I am trying not to let above distract me from the mission to get your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 to a state where you can at least edit and export even in the absence of a sign in involving the Adobe ID and password.

More later.

ATR

• 21. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

The reinstall has solved the problem for now. Up and running. Importing media. I'll let you know if I encounter additional issues. Right now it's still importing  media. Thanks for all your help.

• 22. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikenw253

Great, great, great news. Thanks for going through all the troubleshooting.

Are you still in the same situation that I am in with the sign in business?

ATR

• 23. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

I have not tried to sign in. Don't want to mess up anything. I want to burn a DVD with some video. Right now it's burning to disc. I've got a couple other videos to burn and probably won't try to log in until I've finished up. Will update.

• 24. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

mikeenw253

As of this moment, the problem remains the same with the Adobe ID and Password sign in for the Elements programs that I have mentioned previously. So, I would not bother with any sign in until further notice. And, if you get any messages of any sort about photoshop.com, just cancel out as fast as possible.

Sounds like lots of progress on your side. Keep up the good work.

ATR

• 25. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400
                                                          johnontheshoreline Community Member

Bill: Some time ago, I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. I installed it just two weeks ago.  Trying to sign into Photoshop.com from the 'welcome' page of Elements 9, I received the message that Photoshop.com is 'currently unavailable'. Online chat informed me that photoshop.com has been replaced by Revel.  They referred me to your page. But I don't find any information about how I can access Revel.  Can you help me with this?  Thank you, Bill.

• 26. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Error 400

johnontheshoreline

Adobe Revel is not going to have any impact on your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Sign In situation or access to extra Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 content. And, there is no contact to it from within Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 or Elements Organizer 9. However, in 12/12.1, and 13 there are features within those programs which use Adobe Revel.The following is my first impression of Adobe Revel when it first appeared in version 12/12.1.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Adobe Revel Add Media/Publish+Share

You do not need Adobe Revel to work with the features of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. If you are interested in it as a photo/video sharing site, then click on the link

http://www.adoberevel.com and follow the instructions for using the site.

Adobe Revel also has its own forum at the Adobe Forums. Please check it out.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/revel

In getting the link to the Adobe Revel Forum, I notice that you have already just posted there. Good idea.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything written here or in the Adobe Revel Forum.

Best wishes

ATR