4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 2:32 AM by double_adobe

Photoshop CC

Jules_r

Hi, I have a 'one app' subscription to Creative cloud which I use for Photoshop, until yesterday I had CS6, I also use Lightroom 4. I use a PC running Windows 7

From Lightroom I can 'right click' any image and go to 'Edit In', and then choose Photoshop.... it's always there. It also works when using the standard Widows 7 picture viewer, I can 'right click' any image, go to 'Open With' and then select Photoshop.

Yesterday I downloaded Photoshop CC, which works fine, but I can't open an image with it directly from Lightroom, or from the Windows viewer using the 'right click', it's like it's invisible.

In the past I have never had to do anything, Photoshop has managed to talk to Lightroom and the Windows viewer all on it's own without me doing anything.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

I suspect you might do better asking in the Lightroom forum.  I don't use lightroom, but it seems reasonable that an earlier version will not know about later versions of Photoshop.  Does this help at all?

http://lightroomkillertips.com/?p=4896

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC
            gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know if you have this option in LR4's preferences, but yes you can select an alternate editor and save it as a preset, then it will show up in the Edit with... choices.

(Normally I'd point to the Lr forums,but I was curious as well.)

Gene

Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 7.15.28 PM.png

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC
              Jules_r Level 1

Thank you both very much for your help.

It seems the problem is half fixed.

I stepped up to Lightroom 5 and the Lightroom bit does now work as I would expect it to. perhaps CC doesn't talk to LR4, only 5.... anyway, sorted.

It still does not work in the default Windows 7 picture viewer and when I use browse to locate any programme to open the picture it still doesn't work..... I can browse to PS CC no problem, but it is not opening the image.

With CS6 it worked fine!!!!

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC
                double_adobe Level 1

To fix this in Windows 7, open Regedit and edit the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\command

So that the value of the key is:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1"

The exact path may be different on your machine. Include the quote marks.