Thank you. Problems only with PremPro CC. PremProCS6 is doing well.
- Problem with PremProCC 7.0.1 (105)
- Installed all updates (although all CS6 updates fail)
- Using Win 7 home premium 64 bit, i5 3450 processor, 8GB
- Editing a mix on timeline AVI, JPG, mp4 1980x 1080 29.97, interlaced
- When Enter is used to request Rendering a clip (red line) the Render popup opens but there's no action, progress is blank and will remain so until X or cancel is clicked, screen goes 90% white and message is (not responding).
- Requesting a render of a clip
- Yes, it has been occurring for the past five or six attempts. Restarts and Shut Downs make no difference
- No other software running. An exception is attempting Media Encoder CC which also did not function.
- Other hardware may be Nvidia Quadro K600
- Using Mecury Playback Engine Software Only
- Will not give export Media: Tried exporting to mp4, 1920x1080, 29.97, progressive. Popup render window shows 0% then Not Responding message, then program closes with white screen.
ByTheWay: PremPro CS6 project settings give no option for Playback GPU acceleration.
Thanks for your help
Next, post the specifics of your media, the codec of the AVI's in particular.
Thank you. This reports the current data as I understand. Does this help?
*● v2.70a - 22 Feb 2007 - Current
● Processes MPEG1/2/4, DV1/2, MP4, MP3, H263, H264, FLV, AAC, AC3, DTS
& more. ● AVI: Identifies * 719
and* 245 Audio <http://gspot.headbands.com/audiocodecs.htm>* compression
formats. ● Basic ID of * over 60 other file
not mentioned above. ● Extended MP4 support including * ftyp
identification <http://www.ftyps.com/>* ● Added Windows Vista (32-bit /
64-bit) Compatibility ● Added MOV and WMV support ● Codec "Property
Does this help?
It doesn't. Use Gspot to open the AVI files and report back the codecs used.
OK, that helps.
There shouldn't be any problem with the AVI files. Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas on what might cause this behavior. You might try reinstalling, using the CC Cleaner tool.
OK, thanks for your time and effort.
One more thing, please. PremPro CC is uninstalled but there's no Creative
Cloud Cleaner for the CC version, just CS6 and I don't dare dump that one;
So I'm installing CC from creative cloud. Let's see if all works OK.
If all else fails,
Try uninstalling your latest apps.
Control Panel - Uninstall your latest - installed program.
or if system was running ok before...
Try system restoring to your latest known restore point, however you are likely to lose
latest installed update or application.