6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 7:46 AM by Peter Spier

Prompt to Spell Check Before Printing, Save and/or Close Document?

AmandaCole1989

Hello,

I need to set up some sort of script to promt myself to spell check before I print, save and/or close a document. After scouring the internet, I have come up with a script that was designed to run on CS3 (I am currently running on CS6). I have included the script below for reference. At first, this script worked and now it does not. I also tried modifying it, however I know little about JavaScript.

Any other options on how to promt for spell check before printing, saving, and or/closing would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

SCRIPT:

/* CheckSpelling.jsx

Version 1

This script is written to remind a user to spell-check the current document.

Put this script into Startup scripts folder and restart InDesign if it's running. */

#target indesign

#targetengine "session"

var myLastDoc;

var myConfirm;

var myCheckSpellEvList = app.menuActions.item("Check Spelling...").addEventListener("beforeInvoke", myCheckSpellHandler, false);

var myBeforeCloseEvList = app.addEventListener("beforeClose", myBeforeCloseHandler, false);

var myAfterCloseEvList = app.addEventListener("afterClose", myAfterCloseHandler, false);

function myBeforeCloseHandler(myEvent){

myConfirm = false;

if (!eval(myEvent.parent.extractLabel("SpellingChecked")) && myEvent.parent.saved == true){

myLastDoc = myEvent.parent.fullName;

myConfirm = confirm("Do you want to check spelling now?", false, "You forgot to check spelling!");

}

}

function myAfterCloseHandler(myEvent){

if (!eval(myEvent.parent.extractLabel("SpellingChecked"))){

if (myConfirm) {

app.open(myLastDoc);

app.menuActions.item("Check Spelling...").invoke();

}

}

}

function myCheckSpellHandler(myEvent){

app.activeDocument.insertLabel("SpellingChecked", "true");