1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 6:41 PM by a C student

Form Resaving Issue and Security Preferences

Mark3GraphicDesign

Hey Adobe Helpers-

I have a client whom I've made a PDF of a questionnaire that they supply their clients to fill out using forms I created using Acrobat.

On my machine, as well as a very older machine running XP, I have been able to open the doc, fill out the forms, save the document under a different title, and e-mail them with their information intact.

Now, I've sent this file to my client and they let me know they were not able to resave the file when testing out how filling out the form works, stating an error message reading, "Data typed into this form will not be saved. Adobe Reader can only save a blank copy of this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records," which is not going to work for my client, which means it's not going to work for me either. The document needs to be able to be filled out and resaved under a new title and emailed back to my client.

Further looking into it, a contact sent me a screenshot of the PROPERTIES>SECURITY tab which states

-Document Assembly

-Content Copying for Accessibility

-Commenting

-Singing

-Creation of Template Pages

are all not allowed. So, I double checked that with the base document I sent over to them, and all of those security options are ALLOWED.

There has got to be something I am missing to make this file accessable to everyone.

Is it an issue with Acrobat vs Reader? What do I need to change or inform my client about in order to get this form working and be savable with the forms filled out.

And again- this is aggrivating on my end because I am not running into any of these issues on my multiple machines, and yet all of my contacts and my client are running into this issue, so I am feeling a bit in the dark on what's going on. If you have any info on this, please let me know as soon as you can.