7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 10:52 PM by Pattie F

can't log in!

rockinrevarobin

I cannot log into my pictures on photoshope elemnts 9! i have thousands of pictures on there, hundreds of hours of work!  Cant get through to anyone ! what can i do????

• 1. Re: can't log in!
          Curt Y Level 7

Here is the PSE forum address.  http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

You might have to clear the cache in the browser.

• 2. Re: can't log in!
            Pete.Green Adobe Employee

I have moved this post to the Photoshop.com Sharing and Storage forum.

The team here should be able to help you out.

More info can be found here: http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq#move-basics

Regards

• 3. Re: can't log in!
              Pattie F Employee Moderator

Hi Reva-

The storage service that Elements 9 used online at Photoshop.com has been discontinued. Your Elements 9 will continue to work for editing and organizing files on your computer.

Adobe notified customers  by Email on 2/22 about the option to transition photos from Photoshop.com to Revel. It was also was posted on social media and Photoshop.com. Additional emails followed. Some users had forwarded our emails to spam and therefore saw the news later than others.

Because a decision was made to discontinue Photoshop.com sharing and storage, Adobe gave users the option to have their jpg files copied to Revel (a different Adobe Cloud storage and sharing option) rather than having all of their efforts deleted. Users who had files on Adobe Photoshop.com Sharing and storage cloud site who did not opt out, had their files copied to Adobe Revel (another Adobe cloud sharing and storage service).

This was done as a convenience for customers so that they did not have to go to the effort of downloading from the one site and uploading to another, since that can be very time consuming. Revel is a free account that you login to with the same credentials as you did on Photoshop.com. Although Revel is not a replacement for Photoshop.com (it has more of a focus on sharing between devices), it is an alternative.

You had a little over 300 files on Photoshop.com. I see that you have over 300 files in Revel. These are likely files that migrated fro Photoshop.com.  Your thousands of photos must be on your hard drive since they were not on Photoshop.com

We did not move anything directly from Elements. Many users mistakenly think we move files from the computer or organizer directly to Revel. If your Elements organizer sync was not current with Photoshop.com at the time of migration, then you would not see all of the same files in Revel. In addition, we do not copy non-jpg files or duplicate files. What we did is copy photos you had stored in the cloud on Photoshop.com  to Revel.

The change you will notice in Elements is that you will no longer be able to sync or upload photos to Photoshop.com after this transition because Photoshop.com sharing and storage has been discontinued.

Hopefully this explains things.

Pattie

• 4. Re: can't log in!
                rockinrevarobin Level 1

Hi, I cannot sign into photoshop elements  so how can I continue to edit and organize files on my computer. My photos were transferred to revel a long time ago and all was fine until 2 days ago. Now it comes up error 400 everytime I try to sign in. I didn't change anything on my end at all. So just how do I access my photos, and edit and store them now. I don't mind saying I am very very upset! Hundreds of hours of photographing and editing and now I can't access them?

Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:22:16 -0700

To: rrfuhrman@msn.com

Subject: can't log in!

Re: can't log in!

created by Pattie F in Photoshop.com Sharing and Storage - View the full discussion

Hi Reva-

The storage service that Elements 9 used online at Photoshop.com has been discontinued. Your Elements 9 will continue to work for editing and organizing files on your computer.

Adobe notified customers  by Email on 2/22 about the option to transition photos from Photoshop.com to Revel. It was also was posted on social media and Photoshop.com. Additional emails followed. Some users had forwarded our emails to spam and therefore saw the news later than others.

Because a decision was made to discontinue Photoshop.com sharing and storage, Adobe gave users the option to have their jpg files copied to Revel (a different Adobe Cloud storage and sharing option) rather than having all of their efforts deleted. Users who had files on Adobe Photoshop.com Sharing and storage cloud site who did not opt out, had their files copied to Adobe Revel (another Adobe cloud sharing and storage service).

This was done as a convenience for customers so that they did not have to go to the effort of downloading from the one site and uploading to another, since that can be very time consuming. Revel is a free account that you login to with the same credentials as you did on Photoshop.com. Although Revel is not a replacement for Photoshop.com (it has more of a focus on sharing between devices), it is an alternative.

You had a little over 300 files on Photoshop.com. I see that you have over 300 files in Revel. These are likely files that migrated fro Photoshop.com.  Your thousands of photos must be on your hard drive since they were not on Photoshop.com

We did not move anything directly from Elements. Many users mistakenly think we move files from the computer or organizer directly to Revel. If your Elements organizer sync was not current with Photoshop.com at the time of migration, then you would not see all of the same files in Revel. In addition, we do not copy non-jpg files or duplicate files. What we did is copy photos you had stored in the cloud on Photoshop.com  to Revel.

The change you will notice in Elements is that you will no longer be able to sync or upload photos to Photoshop.com after this transition because Photoshop.com sharing and storage has been discontinued.

Hopefully this explains things.

Pattie

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5628755#5628755

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5628755#5628755

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5628755#5628755. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop.com Sharing and Storage by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 5. Re: can't log in!

Reva

Your files were copied to revel from Photoshop.com, but Elements 10 and below do not communicate with Revel. The first version of Elements that can upload/download to Revel is Elements 11.

Elements organizer still organizes all the photos on your computer, though, and from the number of files you say you have, you have much more on your computer than you did in Photoshop.com. A few days ago Photoshop.com was discontinued, which is likely the reason that you just began getting a message.

If you are not ready to upgrade Elements, you can upload to Revel directly from your hard drive and backup your photos on Revel.

Pattie

• 6. Re: can't log in!
                    rockinrevarobin Level 1

Thank you for the answers I was seeking! I don't have a clue how to upload to revel directly from my hard drive and backup my photos. If you can tell me how to do that I would be sooo grateful. Thank you

Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:53:29 -0700

To: rrfuhrman@msn.com

Subject: can't log in!

Re: can't log in!

created by Pattie F in Photoshop.com Sharing and Storage - View the full discussion

Reva

Your files were copied to revel from Photoshop.com, but Elements 10 and below do not communicate with Revel. The first version of Elements that can upload/download to Revel is Elements 11.

Elements organizer still organizes all the photos on your computer, though, and from the number of files you say you have, you have much more on your computer than you did in Photoshop.com. A few days ago Photoshop.com was discontinued, which is likely the reason that you just began getting a message.

If you are not ready to upgrade Elements, you can upload to Revel directly from your hard drive and backup your photos on Revel.

Pattie

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5629013#5629013

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5629013#5629013

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5629013#5629013. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop.com Sharing and Storage by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 7. Re: can't log in!

Reva

You can upload to Revel from the mac app or from adoberevel.com on a pc. Here is a link that will explain it. Drag and drop is pretty easy. If you want to have certain files in an album, you can create the album and then drag photos into it.

Pattie

FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1162795?tstart=0