14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 7:02 PM by A.T. Romano

I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..

Agondonter

I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  I have attempted to make additional ones and Premiere just never comes to the page that allows me to burn more.

• 1. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the description of your computer resources?

What was the Space Required and Bitrate in the burn dialog prior to you hitting burn for the first burn to DVD disc?

How many additional copies did you request in the burn dialog Copies field? Can you get as little as an 1 additional?

I have always found that burn dialog Copies feature "ify" and routinely use the copy feature of the software that came with the DVD burn in order to make extra copies of the disc.

Some prefer to burn to folder and the take the VIDEO_TS of the saved folder to DVD with a program such as ImgBurn.(See Settings/Copies under Device Tab)

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
            Agondonter Level 1

Thank you for answering.... I was eventually able to burn additional copies....  now I need to go back into the slideshow/video and remove one clip... edit another clip to replace the removed one!  I can't seem to figure out how to open the working area of show to do this.... as well as not being able to edit (shorten) the clip I want to enter.... can't get it into video editor.  Wish there was an easier help area for a beginner!!

• 3. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you launch PrE, you should be presented with the option to Open a Project, or create a New Project.

What are you getting, when you launch PrE?

Also, back in his Reply #1, ATR asked a few questions, such as the version of PrE that you are using, and your OS. Can you address those questions, so the people here will know how best to direct you.

For some learning resources, this article has several: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3953827#3953827

I highly recommend Steve Grisetti's Basic Training Series, available on Muvipix.com, and linked in that article.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter

Are you working solely in Premiere Elements for your slideshow or are you intergrating Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements to producce the slideshow for export in Premiere Elements? You still have not said what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

Where is this slideshow that you want to edit? In Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor or on the Premiere Elements Timeline?

Details on this will expedite matters, so I am just guessing and generalizing on your sitution now.

a. If you are in the Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor, you cannot edit video there. It is a photo editor that will accept the import of videos for your slideshow but you cannot edit them there. If that is where you are, you open the saved "Slideshow Project" by dobule clicking on its Elements Organizer thumbnail to re-open the Slideshow Editor.

b. If you are in just in Premiere Elements, you can go to File Menu/Open Project and select the project that is the one you want to edit. Your omission of details puts me at a disadvantage here to target without generalizations.

c. Please explain

not being able to edit (shorten) the clip I want to enter.... can't get it into video editor.

Are you saying that you cannot open a new project in whatever version of Premiere Elements that you are in?

If you would supply details in your own words, we could get you moving forward in your project. The type of editing that you describe should not be giving you so much difficulty.

Once you get this project completed successfully, you will have more confidence in your how to choices. So, do not give up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                  Agondonter Level 1

"A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

A.T. Romano http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano created the discussion

"Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one.."

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5635170#5635170

• 6. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                    Agondonter Level 1

OS....  Windows XP    I have show in Photoshop Elements 7 and I also imported

it to Photoshop Elements 11....  I also have Premiere Elements 11.  I created

the show in 7 as I was familiar with that program and in a hurry.... now I am

sorry!  Just couldn't figure out how the other programs worked.  As I

understand...  I should have created it in PE 11 and edited it in Premium??  Is

that correct?

When I double click on thumbnail in PE7 the show automatically starts.  I am no

longer in Slideshow Editor.  That is what I am trying to overcome.  I did export

the show from Premiere Elements and it was awesome....  But I want to replace

one of the video clips with another (after I figure out how to shorten it.)  Do

I have to open a "new project" to shorten the clip?  At one point today I did

end up with the clip in Premier E Editor...  of course then I didn't understand

the markers.  Tryed watching a couple of the "help" videos, but still not sure

what to do.

You are doing a great job trying to help me!  Thank you!

Agondonter

-

"Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one.."

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5635170#5635170

• 7. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that information.

You should not have to create a New Project.

First, launch Premiere Elements 7. Then, chose to Open your Project - the one with the slide show. It should then load into PrE 7, and the Timeline should show your assets - basically your SlideShow, where you can edit, as is needed. For what you wish to do, I would make sure that I was in Timeline View Mode, and not Sceneline View Mode.

If that does not work, as it should, please let us know.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter

Recap to clarify and hopefully to make things easier for you.

1. Do you have Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7? And, when you created your slideshow in Photoshop Elements 7 Slideshow Editor, did you save the Slideshow as a Slideshow Project in the Editor so that you could re-edit there whenever you wanted? If you saved it only as a wmv file in the Elements Organizer, that cannot be edited.

2. Assuming that you have saved this Slideshow in the Elements Organizer as a Slideshow Project, double click the thumbnail for it (it will have a Slideshow Project text in the right upper corner of the thumbnail when you wave you mouse cursor over that area). You will find yourself in the Slideshow Editor.

3. Do whatever you can there, but the goal is to Output the Slideshow from the Photoshop Elements Editor with the Send to Premiere Elements Output option. Here is where it may get tricky if you have Premiere Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 11 on the same computer. Hopefully the Send to Premiere Elements with look at Premiere Elements 7 and ignore version 11 since version 11 does not integrate with version 7, Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 integrate with one another.

4. Now if all works as hoped, the Send to Premiere Elements should send your Slideshow to Premiere Elements 7 Timeline (opening it automatically...if not we could try opening a Premiere Elements 7 new project before hitting the Photoshop Elements Slideshow Editor Output option of Send to Premiere Elements.

5. Now, when that slideshow gets to Premiere Elements 7, right click the slideshow (show be in a video format) and select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow.

6. Edit/Export if you want from there.

7. If you decide you want this slideshow in Premiere Elements 11, then save/close the Premiere Elements 7 project.prel. It will probably be saved to Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/7. Right click it there and select Open With Premiere Elements 11.

There are a lot of ifs in the above. Let us see how far we can get. Remember, once you edit a project.prel from 7 in a later version, you cannot go back and edit the later version edited one in version 7 again.

Please review the above. If it is too much to take in at one time, please let me know and we will address in smaller pieces. But details are going to be important so that we keep in sync and are not distracted.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks for checking out the troubleshooting suggestions.

ATR

Tip: If you liked working with the Photoshop Elements 7 and its Elements Organizer 7/Create/Slideshow, consider working elusively from Premiere Elements 11 and its Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow.

• 9. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                          Agondonter Level 1

Thank you for your help!  Your first comment answered the problem.  I always clicked "save project" when prompted, but I guess after I burned the show it was saved as a wmv file.  Everyplace I look it just shows it as a wmv.  I have PE7, but do not have Premier 7.  I have PE11 and Premier 11.  After doing the show in PE7 it did go to Premier 11 for burning.  But, obviously since it is not saved as a slideshow project, I cannot do what I want to do!

This has been a valuable learning lesson for me!!  If I hadn't been in such a hurry to finish this I wouldn't have had this problem.  I was excited to use PE11/Premier11 but it just did not feel familiar.  I think I will now make a "pretend" slideshow to try it out!

Thank you!  I will save your information to help me in the future.

-

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5635806#5635806

• 10. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter

Thanks for the follow up. I have lots and lots of other information to share with you on this subject, but I think it best if I give you some time to review what has been written already. Please do some exploration and experimentation, and then we can go step by step if necessary to get you the project result that you seek.

Good job in sorting through the information already.

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                              Agondonter Level 1

Sorry to bother you again.... I need to make additional copies of the slideshow to send out... and now when I try to burn dvd or blueray my Premier 11 is freezing in the middle of my screen.  It is the purple rectangle and inside the rectangle is a portion of the organizer!!!  Very frustrated!  Have I just played around with the program too much and caused a "glitch."  I have tried sending show to Premier from PE7 and from PE11.  Do I need to unistall Premier and reinstall?  Any ideas?

Thank you!

-

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5638091#5638091

• 12. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter

Never hesitate to ask for help. Let us see what we can do with the present situation.

You wrote:

I need to make additional copies of the slideshow to send out... and now when I try to burn dvd or blueray my Premier 11 is freezing in the middle of my screen.

If you have at least one copy of the slideshow from the Premiere Elements 11 Timeline burned to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc), then best you use copy feature of the software that came with your burner to make the copies. Are you OK with doing that?

Let me make sure that I am clear on what you are doing now...for these additional copies...

a. Are you  taking your slideshow on the Premiere Elements 11 Expert Timeline and repeating the burn to disc DVD? If so, what have you set in the Copies field?

b. Before you hit Burn in the burn dialog, do you have a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space"? In that same area, what do you see for Space Required and Bitrate?

c. Before this problem in the burn to, did the slideshow look and sound OK in the Edit and Movie Menus sections of the program?

Let us start here and then we will decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                                  Agondonter Level 1

You are a genius!  I am in the process of coping on my burner... working fine.

Re:  "freeze" of Premier.... the problem is that I can't even get to the screen that mentions items you talk about in a. & b.  Prior to that, when I burned DVD's everything worked great (once I figured out how to do it!)  Now the screen is freezing as soon as it goes to Premier 11.

thanks...

-

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5638912#5638912

• 14. Re: I was able to burn 1 DVD of a slide show.  Premiere Elements will not allow me to burn another one..
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Agondonter,

Are you working elusively in Premiere Elements 11 now? Or, are you still going between version 7 and 11?

Can you get into the Premiere Elements 11 edit workspace? If you can, I would like you to go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and make sure that all those Scratch Disks are directed to the same hard drive save location and that the save location has enough free space to accept the files that are automatically being sent there by the program during its operations. By default, they should be in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.

Where do you have your Premiere Elements 7 Scratch Disks directed?

My major concerns about the Scratch Disks are

a. they are not directed to the same place

b. the scratch files from 7 and 11 may be getting mixed up because of the editing of projects from one version in another.

c. with all your work, you may have pile ups of preview files, conformed audio, and conformed video files....in this regard, look to see what is in the Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/7 Folder as well as what is in the Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11 Folder.

After checking out the Scratch Disk situation, we can go through the typical drill of flushing the preferences and such...

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not do the job, the delete the whole 11 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. But, remember, in order to see the path described, you must have Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active.

Let us start here.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR