8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2008 5:18 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate

1AN_4USTT
      Yo,

Just re-installed my Fireworks MX 04 on ym new Vista Ultimate and everytime I load it it changes my theme from Ultimate Aero to Vista Basic - which is just a minor pain! ha!

Anybody got a solution to it? Update link or what have ya?

Please and Thankyou 4 responses !! =]
        • 1. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
          Level 7
          1AN 4USTT wrote:

> Anybody got a solution to it? Update link or what have ya?

Turn off Vista Aero.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
            1AN_4USTT Level 1
            Hmm .. I'm trying desperatly to find an update or patch for it becuse having paid a substancial amount of money, to not be able to use one of the features I've paid for is a bit of a pain really - - might have to re-think on the whole fireworks idea!
            • 3. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
              Level 7
              1AN 4USTT wrote:
              > Hmm .. I'm trying desperatly to find an update or patch for it becuse having
              > paid a substancial amount of money, to not be able to use one of the features
              > I've paid for is a bit of a pain really - - might have to re-think on the whole
              > fireworks idea!
              >
              Vista came out a long time after mx04. FWIW, I'm running FW8 and have
              the same issue; I'd hardly call it a problem, though, as it's merely
              visual fluff anyway.

--
              Bonnie
              • 4. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
                Level 7
                1AN 4USTT wrote:
                > Hmm .. I'm trying desperatly to find an update or patch for it becuse having
                > paid a substancial amount of money, to not be able to use one of the features
                > I've paid for is a bit of a pain really - - might have to re-think on the whole
                > fireworks idea!

You are using a version that is 2 major releases behind
                (FWMX2004>FW8>FWCS3) and which came out long before Vista. That version
                will not be updated to run on Vista. No software vendors release updates
                to nearly 5 years old products to make them run on the latest OSes.

You should upgrade to the current version which is Fireworks CS3 and
                which runs great in Vista (I run Vista Ultimate 64 myself).

--
                Stéphane Bergeron
                reach : connect : communicate
                http://www.webfocusdesign.com
                blog : tutorials : articles : gallery
                http://www.pixelyzed.com
                • 5. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
                  Level 7
                  I'm trying desperatly to find an update or patch for it becuse having
                  > paid a substancial amount of money, to not be able to use one of the
                  > features
                  > I've paid for is a bit of a pain really

There is and will be no patch for Fireworks MX 2004.

If you're looking for full compatibility with Aero, upgrade to Fireworks CS3
                  which supports Vista.

If not, accept that some compromises are required to run unsupported
                  software on Vista.

--
                  Regards

John Waller

• 6. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
                    jbouffiou@esurg.com
                    How does Fireworks CS3 run on your 64bit Vista Ultimate? I am having crash after crash. I even configured Data Execution Prevention to ignore the Fireworks application. Fireworks is the only app on this machine and I have a 4.4 user experience rating.
                    • 7. Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
                      1AN_4USTT Level 1
                      If you read my post before sorry i thought u were reffering to FX04 .. A lot of programmes have to be specially designed to work with the 64 bit setting which is why I chose 32 bit version .. CS3 I imagine should be 64 bit compatable - have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?
                      • 8. Re: Fireworks MX 2004 in Vista Ulitmate
                        Level 7
                        1AN 4USTT wrote:
                        > My Ultimates running on 32 bit .. i dont think its compatable with 64 bit
                        > because a lot of vista programmes have to be made to be compatable with the 64
                        > bit setting, so i doubt any XP programme will.

Yeah, that's the common FUD you hear about Vista... But the thing is,
                        all my CS3 apps run splendidly on Vista 64 Ultimate as do most of my
                        other software. Vista 64 will gladly run 32-bit software without issue.
                        The only things you have to check out for are drivers for your hardware
                        which need to have 64-bit versions or things like anti-virus software
                        which have much deeper roots in the OS than regular desktop
                        applications. My move to Vista and a fully 64-bit environment has been
                        very easy for me and quite rewarding in terms of performance gains. I
                        only had one peripheral which didn't have 64-bit drivers (an older Epson
                        scanner) and I plug it to my second machine running XP Pro.

All in all, Vista has been rock solid for me, a LOT more so than XP ever
                        was. I never have crashes and my computer is on 24/7.

--
                        Stéphane Bergeron
                        reach:connect:communicate
                        www.webfocusdesign.com
                        blog:tutorials:articles:gallery
                        www.pixelyzed.com