3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2013 12:27 PM by JJMack

Batch-action for 2 images in a set

geraldhuber

Hi, I created a nice action which helps me to work on 2 (currently loaded) images in combination. Now I would need support on how to apply this existing and successful action in a AUTOMATE/BATCH process on a folder full of files. So instead of just loading 1 (one) picture at a time and applying the action within a standard batch to a single picture -  I would need that photoshop loads 2 (TWO) images from my source folder at the same time - applies the action-batch - and then continues to load the next 2 pictures, then the next 2 etc....  

Thanks looooads for your hints! Gerald

• 1. Re: Batch-action for 2 images in a set
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Try searching this forum for processing pairs and groups of files or two files you will get hits like http://forums.adobe.com/message/5215284#5215284

Do you have a programming background?  Script are programs and need to be designed and written.

• 2. Re: Batch-action for 2 images in a set
            geraldhuber Level 1

Thanks a lot for your kind effort.

Indeed I have some programming background in Visual Basic - but that's looooong time ago and I do not believe that I could set up this procedure for photoshop on my own...

The task in detail would be:

source folder e.g. on my desktop/START

in there all file couples such as   001a.jpg   001b.jp   002a.jpg   002b.jpg   003a.jpg   003b.jpg

also I have already a perfectly working action (batch-procedure) in photoshop (don't know how I could export this into a part of a script but sure there is a way) - this action does all the required steps for me

it's shrinking the pics horizontally to 50% width (height stays same)

then placing pic "a" left and pic "b" right and save into the target folder (e.g. desktop/ZIEL)

and also to place pic "b" left and pic a" right and save also int the same target folder

I save again under the same names like 001a.jpg and 001b.jpg  (but now with the combined pics)

If there is any way to create such automated procedure for/with me on my computer (maybe via teamviewer or....) I am happy to spend Euro 40,- as support bonus.

• 3. Re: Batch-action for 2 images in a set
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

geraldhuber wrote:

I have already a perfectly working action (batch-procedure) in photoshop

You do not for batch can not open pairs of files fyou action.  You have an action that can not be batched.