Is anyone else having this problem?
>after the new patch
What new patch... is that for CS6 or the Cloud?
What are you editing, and what are your export settings?
A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30
I am not doing anything I thought needed a screenshot. Not sure how a screenshot would show my audio problem anyhow.
So basically video I upload to youtube and/or online plays the audio correctly on desktop, but when it comes to
hearing the audio on any mobile device like a phone or tablet, the speech audio does not play, only music.
I have switched the audio tracks and have even exported the audio in audition to create a new track
and none of this has worked. I even changed the audio from 32 to 16 bit and thatt didn't correct it either.
I would check your videos on youtube using a mobile device to see if you're having the same problem. Hopefully I am just
doing something wrong or have a setting turned on/off. I'd rather be doing something wrong than have it be a real problem.
>doing something wrong or have a setting turned on/off
Which is why I suggested you SHOW people what you are doing by posting a screen shot of your export settings
Also, knowing which PPro you are using MIGHT help someone answer
Okay finally figured out what happened. This problem occurred when I used audio I recorded via an external mic connected to my 5d Mkiii.
The Audio Track in CS6 showed it was playing on both channels, but for some reason mobile device codecs must have thought
the audio was split. The video even played the audio correctly on desktop PC's, the problem was only with mobile devices.
I added a 'FILL LEFT' Audio Effect to my audio speech track (associated with the on camera audio) to fix this problem.
The video now plays the speech and music audio tracks correctly. Very weird Problem.
Thanks for the solution update... someone with the same problem MAY now be able to fix their problem based on your solution
Thank you so much!
I was having the same problem. I applied "Fill Right" in my case (using a GH3) and it fixed the problem. I could not figure out why all my youtube video all of a sudden stopped playing audio on mobile devices! I tried exporting it as mono but that did not seem to solve the issue for some reason. "Fill right" did.
*You didn't need to "show" me your audio. Would not have helped in this case, nothing there to show.
Here's a video on a similar problem I had, and how I fixed it. Hope it helps.