7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 11:46 AM by tonyamayi40

Is FC the right choice for my needs?

tonyamayi40

As an HOA manager, I want to create a custom form for the 30 properties I manage - that allows me to fill in the details of my monthly inspection.  I want to save this doc each month and fill out a new one, for each property, every month.  Is Forms Central the way to go?

• 1. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

I'm not quite sure what type of information you will be gathering on your form but it sounds to me that FormsCentral would work for you.

If the data you collect every month for every property is the same format then you could have just one form. You could have a date field (to specify the month of the inspection) and a property name dropdown field so that you can then later filter the data to find the record you are looking for. With the paid account you will also be able to generate a PDF form for specific entries.

With a paid account you can also use skip show and hide logic so that depending on the property selected you could show/collect specific information for that property.

Hope this helps

Gen

• 2. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
            tonyamayi40 Level 1

Is there a version of Adobe that we can simply purchase that allows for unlimited forms or is the monthly paid account the only way to use forms central?  My boss will not sign up for a monthly paid account.  He wants me to create these 30+ custom forms for each property that I can keep using every month for the monthly reports.  Each one will be a little different depending on the property.  I've already created one, as an example, that he really likes but now I just have to figure out the best way to go about this. 

I will forward you the link to my form so you can see what I'm talking about.

THANK YOU so much for your help!!!

Tonya

• 3. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
              Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

If you are just interested in creating PDF forms and not collect data via FormsCentral then you can buy Acrobat Pro XI. This comes with a desktop version of FormsCentral which allows you to create unlimited PDF forms (and no online forms) without a subscription to FormsCentral. The forms won't have FormsCentral submit button. Note that some features are not available in the PDF forms (skip logic, attachments... See http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2013).

Once the PDF is generated in FormsCentral you can add a different submit button to your form via Acrobat. This was you can have the completed form sent to you via email if you want. See http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3661.

Hope this helps

Gen

• 4. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
                George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Note that you can create PDF forms in Acrobat and not use the FormCentral desktop app that comes with it. You'd normally do the form layout in a word processor or something better like InDesign (my favorite). Once you convert to PDF you add the fields in Acrobat and customize there behavior. You can create an unlimited number of forms and use them however you want. Acrobat Standard can create forms as well, but it lacks a number of features that I wouldn't want to be without.

• 5. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
                  tonyamayi40 Level 1

Can I just say: You've been incredibly helpful!!!!  Thank you SO very much! I knew there had to be a solution to my needs……I just needed your guidance. 

Tonya ))

• 6. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
                    tonyamayi40 Level 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

This should suit my needs.

Tonya

• 7. Re: Is FC the right choice for my needs?
                      tonyamayi40 Level 1

We have switched from PC to Mac and I have Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard (for PC)……how do I upgrade to Pro XI for my Mac?

Tonya