3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2008 12:44 PM by jbradley88

Pause Playback Control???

melissa kaiser
      Good morning!

I'm a bit frustrated with my playback control at the moment. Hope someone can help me...
      I've put together a short slide with audio and want to utilize a playback skin that cap3 is bundled with. The only problem I'm having at the moment is after export, allowing the user to hit the play and having the swf/audio begin. At the moment, the audio and swf are starting into things on their own.

Any advice out there on what to do so I can have the user control the swf, not the other way around? Thank you!!!!
        • 1. Re: Pause Playback Control???
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Melissa

You may pause the first slide by inserting a Click Box object (Or a Button or a Text Entry Box, but I'm assuming your only goal is to pause it, not solicit input or present a button )

You may also configure the Click Box object for "No Action".

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick
          • 2. Pause Playback Control???
            melissa kaiser Level 1
            Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I only have 1 slide in the entire project, so adding a click box doesn't appear to have solved my problem. Do you have any other ideas that might work? I hate that the pre-bundled skins just launch right into everything without letting the user determine when they want the swf file to start. I hope the next version corrects that problem! :o)

Thanks again
            • 3. Re: Pause Playback Control???
              jbradley88 Level 2
              Hi Melissa,

The process Rick mentioned *is* the method used to let the user determine when things start.

I'm guessing your audio is attached to the slide? If so, then you need to insert a "splash" slide *before* the audio slide and add a button/click box to determine when the user goes to the second slide (and thus when all the good stuff starts).