1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 12:45 PM by Jeff Bellune

Premiere pro cc masking

macdaddy52

Earth and clouds.jpg

This is a still shot of a video that I want to mask out the black and put a video of moving clouds behind the earth. this is a video I downloaded from the web I am just learning the program at this time waiting for the 70D to come out. I have no video camera at this time. I tried making a mask from a radial gradient and I can get the clouds to show up but they are on the earth as well as the background

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Premiere pro cc masking
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Like this?

EarthMatteClouds.png

I created a white circle on a black background in the Title tool to be my track matte.  Then I put the cloud video on track 1, the earth image on track 2, and the matte on track 3.  I used a Gaussian Blur on the track matte to feather it a little bit, and I added the track matte key to the earth image.  Here's my quick and dirty sequence setup:

SequenceSetup.png

Here are my effect settings for the matte.  I tweaked the scale and position to line the matte up with the earth because I was a bit sloppy when I created the title in the first place:

BlurredTitle.png

Here's the track matte key setting for the earth layer:

TrackMatteKey.png

That should get you started.  I could get a cleaner matte by spending some more time tweaking the blur and the position/scale of the matte, but there it is.

Jeff