6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 7:32 PM by UlfLaursen

PPBMCC???

cpachris_1969 Level 1

Harm and Bill,

Can you discuss your plans to update the PPBM for Creative Cloud?   Will there be a CC version,and if so, can you give us a rough ETA?

Anxious to benchmark my new system.   

Chris

• 1. Re: PPBMCC???
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Harm has left the building

Harm quit the forums a couple months ago because of Adobe's Cloud only decision

So, since he will not be using Cloud products, I have my doubts that he will do any work on a Cloud based test

• 2. Re: PPBMCC???
            cpachris_1969 Level 1

Ah.   Was wondering why I hadn't seen him on top of all the posts like he used to be.   Thanks for the info.  Perhaps Bill will update it?

I'm not a big fan of the subscription model either...but it was more attractive than making a switch to another toolset at this point. 

• 3. Re: PPBMCC???
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, I will have a CC version soon.  Since changes to Adobe Premiere Pro will come at any time the new script will have to extract the version number so if results suddenly change we can have a clue to what changed.  It is the same timelines as with PPBM6, but it will have new instructions as to accommodate the new names, locations and preset names.  It is working currently with 7.0.1 (105)

• 4. Re: PPBMCC???
                cpachris_1969 Level 1

Awesome news Bill!  I assume you'll post something in this forum when it's ready?  ETA?

• 5. Re: PPBMCC???
                  Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Definitely will post the finished benchmark availability. 

ETA ??  between contractors fixing the house, building a fourth generation i7 fancy Adobe machine for my son's birthday present, several late production jobs and lousy health (but improving) I would guess in a week or two--hopefully..

• 6. Re: PPBMCC???
                    UlfLaursen Level 2

Bill Gehrke wrote:

Definitely will post the finished benchmark availability. 

ETA ??  between contractors fixing the house, building a fourth generation i7 fancy Adobe machine for my son's birthday present, several late production jobs and lousy health (but improving) I would guess in a week or two--hopefully..

This is great Bill - thanks for all the work you do for all of us - I wish my father had build me an i7 4th gen. PC, but it was not arround when he was still arround.

Please post pictures, when he got it - would be nice to see the build of a pro

Ulf