2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 12:54 PM by sebdea

Two distinctive Index chapters in the same book

sebdea Level 1

Hi,

I recently received from a client a catalogue of 800+. It is for tools. The client provide me with each chapter as a packaged InDesign file. At the end of catalogue there are two chapters containing Indexes: one after each product name and another after each product code.

I have created a book as I see no other way to update any index if the files are separated and not merged into an InDesign book. After doing that, I noticed that only the index by product code is actually fully automated not the one by product name.

Index by product name:

Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 5.51.55 PM.jpg

Index by product code:

Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 5.52.27 PM.jpg

Product code marked for indexing (red headings), product name not marked (black headings):

Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 5.59.25 PM.jpg

Everything is done except those two indexes. The catalogue was transled from English to French. I am stuck with this issue. How to solve it? As far as I know there is no way to create two distinctive Indexes. What other solution I may have? I am thinking to create an index for product name, and a TOC for product code. Another option would be to send for translating the index by product name.

Any help is much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sebastian