9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 9:14 AM by A.T. Romano

Instant Movie Themes

thejohnnys

I am having trouble downloading the instant movie themes. I made my 1st short video  but when I go to instant movie and picked my theme it just constanly says "downloading content" and just goes on and on. I have tried it several times for 15 minutes or more with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Robert

• 1. Re: Instant Movie Themes
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you logged in with your Adobe ID?

Are you in the US and do you have a good internet connection? Give it another try. Sometimes download traffic is a bit heavy.

• 2. Re: Instant Movie Themes
            A.T. Romano Level 7

thejohnnys

SG is being too kind. The downloading of Content is often slow and labored. Lots more time than 15 minutes  needed even for one theme, depending on Internet connection speed and Adobe Server status (aside from just being busy).

Have you tried a different theme for troubleshooting purposes to see if the same thing is happening (not happening) for more than just the theme that you are interested in?

ATR

• 3. Re: Instant Movie Themes

15 minutes for one theme? Seriously?

It usually takes me about 15 seconds!

• 4. Re: Instant Movie Themes
                the_wine_snob Level 9

TheJohnnys,

Are you using PrE 11? I would anticipate that you are, but please correct me, if I am wrong.

When one is faced with downloading the Additional Functional Content (AFC), in PrE 11, they have a couple of choices. One is to JUST download a Theme, Menu Set, etc., that is needed, OR to download the full set of the AFC. For the full content (via a checkbox, IIRC), the time to download will depend on one's Internet connection. It took me about 20 mins. to download EVERYTHING, and I have a 54MBPS DSL connection. With a slower Internet connection, it might take an hour. As ATR suggests, this IS a very slow process.

Now, if you are ONLY downloading one Theme, then I agree with Steve G., it should happen pretty quickly.

Do you recall your choice, when asked to initiate the download? Personally, I immediately went for everything, and went for a cup of espresso, while it chugged away. I cannot give you any idea of how long/short the download would have been, for only one theme, and I have never done that - but would expect it to be very, very quick, depending, again, on your Internet connection.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Instant Movie Themes
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG,

If your post #3 is directed to me and not really to thejohnnys the originator of this thread, I would make the following comment in response to:

15 minutes for one theme? Seriously?

It usually takes me about 15 seconds!

My response to that would be "Who do you know?" and "When do you do these downloads?" and "From where?"

That download of content is slow and labored, and I would respond "15 seconds? Seriously?" Other than you, I have not come across anyone championing the ease and speed of getting one of those Content downloads.

Just some thoughts.

ATR

Out of curiosity, what is your Internet Speed?

• 6. Re: Instant Movie Themes

If the OP is using version 11, themes are downloaded one at a time, as selected. And if it's taking more than 30 seconds to download one theme, something is wrong somewhere.

But, of course, we need the OP to confirm which version he's using to say for sure.

• 7. Re: Instant Movie Themes
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

You wrote:

if it's taking more than 30 seconds to download one theme, something is wrong somewhere.

This is one that we will have to agree to disagree. For most and the norm, 30 seconds on an unusual day.

The best chance to cope (one or all choices) is to set for download in background and continue to work on something else while

you wait.

ATR

• 8. Re: Instant Movie Themes
                        thejohnnys Level 1

I tried it again and just went for a long walk. When I came back it had downloaded the theme. I just wasn't giving it enough time. Thanks to everyone who helped. It is really appreciated. Robert

• 9. Re: Instant Movie Themes
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

thejohnnys

Thanks for the update. Good news.

Once you get all that Content downloaded, please give thought to saving the Online Folder to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 Flash Drive (8 GB). It saves the time of having to go through the Content download from Adobe process one more time.

Windows 7 or 8 64 bit route to Online Folder

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Online Folder

ATR