Edge Inspect is supported for OS X 10.7. To understand the problem better i need following information:
- Is this a new installation or have you ever had Edge Inspect working.
- Are you installing the latest version of Edge Insepct.
- Also, try deleting the app prefs file in ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Edge Inspect/1.0/AppPrefs.xml
4. How much free disk space do you have?
5. Do you have any anti-virus software running and can you try shutting that down temporarily and running again?
Could you please give it a try and let us know?
Thanks for your response.
1. This is a new installation on this MacBook.
2. I am clicking the "Download" button at https://creative.adobe.com/products/inspect. I can only presume this is the latest version. The exact error message (in the blue button) is "You are running an operating system that Edge Inspect no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements below for a full list of supported platforms."
3. There is no "Edge Inspect" folder in ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/. Although there are plenty of "Adobe" and "com.adobe" files in ~/Library/Preferences/, there is no file there with "inspect" or "edge inspect" in the file name.
4. I have a partitioned drive. There are 60.4 GB free in the first partition and 147.8 GB free in the second partition. I have 8 GB of 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM. The processor is a 4-core Intel Core i7. The video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, on a 1920 x 1080 32-bit display. As far as I can tell, I'm well above all the minimum System Requirements listed at https://creative.adobe.com/products/inspect.
5. This is a company-supplied computer, so I don't know everything that's been installed. Having said that, I am not aware of any anti-virus software running. I don't see anything in the Dock, or in the Applications folder. I also don't recognize anything anti-virusy in the Activity Monitor's list of processes. The Firewall in Preferences:Security & Privacy is turned off.
I do sometimes have Charles Web Proxy running, which interferes with email connectivity. But when I turn off Charles, I still am unable to download Edge Inspect.
Today I was able to download Edge Inspect (actually the Creative Cloud app manager, which, after it was installed, downloaded and installed Edge Inspect). Weird! Glad it's working now.
Glad that it worked!