7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 1:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start

tibbe1948

Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can  you please provide more information. Please describe the steps you're using to attempt to launch the Organizer.

What operating system are you running? How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much clean, free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

Do you have Photoshop Elements 8? Have you tried launching the Organizer from Photoshop Elements? Have you tried uninstallig and reinstalling the program?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start
            tibbe1948 Level 1

Hi Steve i have a Packard Bell ,Windows 7 homepremium  64 bit ,capacity 583GB  393GB free, RAM 4GB, Quicktime 7.

When i click the Premiere icon the welcome window appear, if i click the  organizer it does not open and  i get a message “organizer was shut down”

If i choose “open project” or “new project” it starts but ends with a grey empty window. The only thing that is “lighted” is archive ,open project and new.

It starts loading a project but ends  with an empty grey window

I can not start the organizer by Photoshop

I have the same problem on another PC ,Fujitsu Esprimo Windows vista (same licens)

Best regards  Tibor

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start

A Packard Bell? What processor does it have?

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start
                tibbe1948 Level 1

intel(R) Core (TM) i3CPU 370@ 2.40 GHz  2.40 GHz

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start

I am confused how you can have the same problem on two very different computers.

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and turned on hidden updates and non-critical updates to ensure you have all of the most current updates. (Many don't install automatically.)

Also, go to the Help menu on Premiere Elements or the Organizer and select Check for Updates. Version 8 had a problematic release and updates were released to patch some of its problems. Checking the updates in any Elements program should update all of them.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what's up. Sorry.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start
                    tibbe1948 Level 1

Hi , well i am also confused I dont have any hidden updates in Windows and i can not click on update in Premiere Elements that line is not available ( its dark)

And as i cant launch the Organizer I feel like I am in Moment 22 so to speak.

Maybe something is wrong with the installation discs ????????????

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 8, organizer will not start
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tibbe1948

I would like to offers some suggestions for when there is a gap in the troubleshooting plan that you and SG are engaged in.

At that time, please consider:

1. Are you working from the 8.0.1 Update of Premiere Elements 8 Windows? If not, please do so.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

2. Work with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer Off. Check to make sure that they are Off. For Automatic Background

Rendering option, see Edit Menu/Preferences/General. For the AutoAnalzyer options, go to the Elements Organizer accessed from the Premiere Elements workflow, and there select Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and shut them all Off if they are not Off already. If you cannot get into the Elements Organizer that way, put that action on hold for now.

3. Close the program. Go to

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer folder change the name of the psa.prf file to psa.prfOLD and close out of there and try to open the program and the Elements Organizer.

Make sure that your computer is set for Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drive active so that you can see the path described.

4. Assuming that you can open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 to the Welcome Screen even if you cannot open the Elements Organizer, go to the Welcome Screen

a. hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift (altogether) as you click on hold (about 15 seconds) that click on the Organizer tab in the Welcome Screen. After those 15 seconds, release the click on the Organizer tab, but not the Ctrl+Alt+Shift, and look for the Catalog Manager dialog which should have popped up. It has a nasty habit of hidding behind the Welcome Screen, so, if necessary, move the Welcome Screen to one side to see if it is behind it.

b. Create a new catalog using the Catalog Manager dialog.

Please review the above when you have finished other troubleshooting that you are currently pursuing.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR