4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 9:40 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements 11 Preview Window not visible in dual monitor mode

MAINEEDIT

When I go to dual monitor mode the preview window is hidden. I can still hear the audio from the clip but I can't see the video window. It is still hidden when I switch back to single monitor mode. The only way to bring it back is to close out the program and reopen it. Does anyone know where it goes and how to make it visible?

• 1. Re: Elements 11 Preview Window not visible in dual monitor mode
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. What OS and version are you using?
          2. What is your video display card/chip?
          3. Is it's video driver up to date? Check on the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site to find out.
          4. In your OS, what are the settings for the dual-monitor display?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Elements 11 Preview Window not visible in dual monitor mode
            A.T. Romano Level 7

MAINEEDIT

I have written in great details about the Premiere Elements 11 Dual Monitor mode problems. Please refer to my blog post

on the Dual Monitor Mode concerns.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-dual-monitor-workflow-concerns.html

Could you clarify "Preview Window"? Are you referring to the Edit Mode monitor or the Preview Window that pops up when you double click the file on the Timeline or in Project Assets?

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of what you are seeing just to make sure we are in sync with your specific Dual Monitor Mode workflow problem?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Elements 11 Preview Window not visible in dual monitor mode
              MAINEEDIT Level 1

It is a new Windows 8 computer with an AMD Radeon 8570 card. The dual monitor display works fine - I have the timeline on the right and the monitor on the left but the preview window is hidden somewhere.  When I reopen the program the preview window appears in its normal position. Even if I move it to the right monitor prior to going to dual monitor mode it is still hidden.

• 4. Re: Elements 11 Preview Window not visible in dual monitor mode
                A.T. Romano Level 7

MAINEEDIT

I have just set up for Premiere Elements 11 Dual Monitor Mode in Windows 8 64 bit computer.

How do you have your monitors set up...Extend Across.. or other?

I am not having any problems keeping track of what I believe you are referring to as the "Preview Window". So please excuse

if I double check with you via the following screenshot.

Preview Window which can be brought up

a. double clicking the file in Project Assets

b. double clicking the file on the Expert workspace Timeline

Preview-Window.jpg

I am going to go over this one more time with my Premiere Elements 11 and Windows 8 64 bt computer to see

if I can create the situation that I am interpreting that you have.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...This especially makes me ask....

When I reopen the program the preview window appears in its normal position.

The Preview Window is going to close when you save/close the project. As you saying that you re-opened the project

to find the Preview Window opened?