17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2013 3:12 PM by A.T. Romano

twixtor

msoa4

Can twixtor be used with premiere elements?

• 1. Re: twixtor
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Twixtor is a $600 program and Premiere Elements sells for about $100.

I suppose it might work as a plug-in though, since it works with After Effects and, I believe, Premiere Pro.

If you've got a copy, why not load it into the plug-in folder and see?

EDIT:

I just installed the demo and it seems to work!

Although, before paying $600 for it, you might want to try Premiere Elements' excellent Time Remapping tool.

• 2. Re: twixtor
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Apparently not: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/compatibility/

For Adobe host programs, only After Effects and Premiere Pro are mentioned for compatibility.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: twixtor

You're right, Bill. It installs but it doesn't work that well with Premiere Elements. At least as far as the demo is concerned.

With Twixtor, I'd stick with the Pro products, as recommended by Twixtor.

• 4. Re: twixtor
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

The Twixtor compatibility listing might just be for what that company opted to pre-test for.

According to SG, it works. And, there is at least one Premiere Elements post here (Feb. 2013) that says that it worked in

Premiere Elements 11.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1109212

ATR

Add On...after I posted, SG seems to have modified his stance of Twixtor (demo at least) and Premiere Elements. But the Feb. 2013 does

define what worked for another in this regard. Have not had time to look for other such online comments.

• 5. Re: twixtor
                  msoa4 Level 1

Thanks for your answers. I also installed the demo in the plugin folder, but twixtor does not show up. Where do I have to look for it?

• 6. Re: twixtor
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

If SG does not get to this thread with what worked for him with the download/install/and feature location within the program, here is where I would look first:

fx Effects tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace

Under Tools Menu at top of the Expert workspace

Under Tools Tab at the bottom of the Expert workspace

Please let us know if any of those places displayed the feature.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: twixtor

If you installed the progarm into the plug-ins folder, it should appear in your Effects panel. Just do a search on Twixtor or look for the Twixtor category of effects.

• 8. Re: twixtor
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

After reading SG's reply, I realize that you never said what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system that it is running on. Important information since Premiere Elements 11 workspace has undergone major changes as compared to earlier versions of the program.

I assumed you were using Premiere Elements 11 Windows. Was that correct? If not, please let us know if you need further

assistance finding the Twixtor presence in your Premiere Elements workspace.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: twixtor
                          msoa4 Level 1

Sorry, I am working with Premiere Elements 10 windows on  a MS xp-System. I installed the demo-version of twixtor in the plug-in folder and tried various subfolders, but it does´t show up. No results under the the effect tab and also  when perfoming a search there.

I want to see if twixtor works because most of the time I do sports videos and therefore would like to realize very slow-motions. Reducing the speed in PE 10 is possible of course and works, but you don´t get smooth results when you start form 25 or 50 fps. With my gopro max speed is 50 fps with 720p, so I would like to compensate that hopefully with the twixtor effect. Otherwise I am very happy with PE10 and would like to avoid moving up to Premiere Pro, which problably has too many features I never will use.

Thanks for your help

• 10. Re: twixtor
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

I will give the demo Twixtor download and install a try shortly today and report back specific to Premiere Elements 10 on Windows XP.

Although Premiere Elements 10 does not have the Time Remapping feature of Premiere Elements 11, you could look at the ramp slow motion effect that can be achieved in Premiere Elements earlier than 11 when using Time Stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di9N0AnBpn0

More later.

ATR

• 11. Re: twixtor
                              msoa4 Level 1

ATR,

did you give the Twixtor demo a try yet?

Thanks for your help?

• 12. Re: twixtor
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

Sorry, I got detoured. I will give that a try today.

What link did you use for the demo download?

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: twixtor
                                  msoa4 Level 1

ATR,

thanks. I downloaded the twixtor demo directly from www.revisionfc.com under aftereffects/premierepro.

Let´s see what you find out,

msoa4

• 14. Re: twixtor
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: twixtor
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

The demo Twixtor from the source that you cited installed Twixtor plug-in automaticaly into all of Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, 10, and 11 with my setting the installation route as:

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Common

Plug-ins

Media Core

Twixtor 5AE

That twist on this is that when I double checked the actual location of the demo in the Program Files after the installation, the Plug-ins Folder in the path above had folders only 7.0, CS5, CS5.5, and CS6. I do not have the CS programs.

In Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1 and 10, Twixtor was found

Edit Header

Effects

Video Effects

RE: Vision Plug-ins (which had thumbnails for 4 effects, that being, "Motion Vectors: Create", "Twixtor", "Twixtor Pro", and "Twixtor Pro, Vectors In".

In Premiere Elements 11, Twixtor was found

at bottom of Expert workspace, fx Effects/RE:Vision Plug-ins

or

at top of Expert workspace, Action Bar/Effects/fx Effects/RE:Vision Plug-ins

I have not attempted to use any of these effects that have been successfully installed and found within the Premiere Elements Windows 4 through 11 projects.

There are certain aspects of the download and automatic install I would need to double check to figure out the derivation of that 7.0 Folder in the Plug-ins Folder. But it was a "Common" route.

Please let us know if any of this helped. All this was done on Windows 7 64 bit; whereas, you said you were using Windows XP, presumed 32 bit. If you cannot repeat my results, we may have to look into the difference of computer operating systems.

ATR

• 16. Re: twixtor
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

I took this a step further...to the Twixtor demo download and installation on Windows XP SP3 32 bit where I have Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 installed.

The Windows 7 64 bit path to the installation location is not the same comparing Windows XP and 7. Even though you can go through the installation without errors and designate where you want the files to go (Plug-ins), Twixtor does not appear in the program under Effects or anywhere else that I have found.

I have been experimenting with various different locations for the placement of the Twixtor installation files in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Windows XP, but have not yet been successful.

More later.

ATR

• 17. Re: twixtor
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

msoa4

Update.

I have gotten to th point where I can see Twixtor installed to Windows XP 32 bit in a directory comparable to the one used in Windows 7 64 bit. So, we are on a one to one comparison there. Doing the loading of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows XP, I see a "loading Twixter_64.aex". But, Twixter is no where to be found in the opened project...Edit header/Effects/Video Effects or Presets or other.

Do you see the "loading Twixter_64.aex" or something else when you watch the loading activity being displayed in the Welcome Screen when you launch Premiere Elements? If you and I both see "loading Twixter_64.aex", could it be that there is a Twixter_32.aex out there for the Windows XP 32 bit people?

ATR