bushbilly

how do I save a clip for a presentation

• 1. Re: clips
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How will you be presenting it?

• 2. Re: clips
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Bushbilly,

The answer to Peru Bob's question will direct you on exactly what settings you will use, but the action of outputting an AV file of your Timeline is done from the Share, or Publish+Share Tab (PrE 11), or from Export (only up through PrE 4). There, you can decide the specifics of your output file.

Also, note that many of the menus under Share, or Publish+Share have a scroll bar on their far-right. To access many of the options, you will need to scroll with that, and it's easy to miss.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please,

Hunt

• 3. Re: clips
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Help-and-Tutorials page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830  has previous discussions of many Share options

• 4. Re: clips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

bushbilly

Much more information is needed from you in order for us to help you. Here are some of the questions that need your answers in that regard.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of this "clip" that is presumed to be on a Premiere Elements Timeline...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate,

pixel aspect ratio, file extension, duration, etc. If you do not know, the MediaInfo (tree view) will give you a helpful properties readout with that information.

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

What did you set as the project preset for the Premiere Elements project that is involved?

What do you want to do:

a. Grab a frame from video as a Freeze Frame?

b. Or, are you asking how do you get the whole Timeline content off the Timeline and into a file saved to the computer hard drive or burn to disc, DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

c. Other?

What kind of presenation did you have in mind?

So, you see your question as written

how do I save a clip for a presentation

opens it up to a lot of different interpretations, making it difficult to get you the answer that you really need.

Looking forward to your follow up with details to define what you seek.

Thanks

ATR

• 5. Re: clips
                  bushbilly Level 1

I am making a powerpoint and want to insert a couple of short clips from my video.  I don't know how to save it to my computer without the whole video

• 6. Re: clips
                    bushbilly Level 1

I am using premiere element 11 on windows 7. Trying to put together a powerpoint using several 10second clips from my video though out the presentation.

• 7. Re: clips
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

bushbilly

Stills

As it turns out, I just wrote a blog post on Premiere Elements 11 and Freeze Frames.

You can do frame grab from Premiere Elements using either the Freeze Frame dialog or exporting from Timeline via Publish+Share/Computer/Image (make sure you scroll down far enough so that you can see the Image choice toward the

bottom of the choices under /Computer.

Please check out my blog post on Freeze Frame and then let me know if you need further assistance on the matter.

Note: If you use Freeze Frame dialog, Freeze Frame is .bmp. If you use the Publish+Share route, you get a .jpg frame.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe11-freeze-frames-single-or-more-than.html

Videos

Use the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar to span just the segment that you want to export to a file saved to the computer hard drive.

To set these tabs...move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment, hit the left bracket key [ and then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment, hit the right bracket key ]  But to get this to work, you have to have a check mark next to "Share WorkArea Bar Only" in the export settings.

With more information about your project settings and the properties of your source media, I can fine tune the export details. What version of PowerPoint are you using?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: clips
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

bushbilly

I am not sure how familiar you are with the features that I referred to in my prior post. So the following is a just in case screenshot which points to WorkArea Bar, gray tabs of WorkArea Bar, and the "Share WorkArea Bar Only" option in the export settings.

Clips.JPG

ATR

• 9. Re: clips
                          marionarthur

I have elements premere 11. I simply want to extract a frame and save it as a single image in .jpeg or some other suitable typle for later editing. I'm new so I don't know about the other setting, but with you help perhaps I can set them as required. I looked briefly at freeze frame and saving, but the only type available was .bmp. I thought I sould be able to choose other types.

• 10. Re: clips
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

You can do this from the Publish+Share export dialog.

Just set the CTI (Current Time Indicator) to the exact Frame that you wish to output to an Image File. In the Publish+Share, just scroll down to Image (the scroll bars are not easy to see, so look carefully to the right of that dialog panel), and choose the output format.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: clips
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

marionarthur

Thanks for asking about getting your freeze frame as a jpeg photo. Appears Hunt has gotten to your post before me.

Have you had a chance to read my blog post that goes through the whole routine for doing this.

The process is as generalized by Hunt

a. place Timeline Indicator on Frame wanted

b. go to Publish+Share/Computer/Image and select the JPEG preset that is suitable for you....Save to the computer hard drive.

How to details (with graphics) and tips for doing this are included in the blog post.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe11-freeze-frames-single-or-more-than.html

Please check it out before you start your freeze frames.

If you have questions or need clarification on anything written there, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: clips
                                marionarthur Level 1

Thanks,

I’m doing OK now.

Skip

• 13. Re: clips
                                  marionarthur Level 1

Thanks,

This clue got me going.

Skip

• 14. Re: clips
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Skip

Thanks for the update and the good news that you are doing OK with your Premiere Elements workflows.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification on anything written. We are glad for the

opportunity to share in this forum learning and sharing.

Best wishes

ATR