3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2013 2:36 PM by Jim_Simon

Rendering problems

videethis as well Level 1

When I quit Premiere Pro and re-open it I have to re-render everything... Am I doing something wrong?

On another note, I am getting beachballing (the spinny colorful circle of death)  If I try to play something thats unrendered. Is there something I can do to fix this? (sorry if this is vague but Im not so tech oriented)

Thanks!

R

• 1. Re: Rendering problems
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Adobe Forums: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

That link should help you get to the information we'll need to troubleshoot your problem.

Jeff

• 2. Re: Rendering problems
            videethis as well Level 1

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for this. Here are the answers to those questions. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Premier Pro CC 7.0.1

Mac 10.8.4

2x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel xeon and 16 gb Ram

The source footage Is Quicktime Mpeg-4 (I'm shooting on a Gopro in  Protune)

Im not sure when the rendering problem showed up but I noticed recently that when I go back into my Premiere project the next day i have to rerender everything. This was not happening when I first started using premiere a couple of months ago. I am not getting error messages.

The beachballing, started to happen around the same time as the render problem. The beachballing doesnt send an error message but I am forced to force quit after 10 minutes or so(when I realise that its not gonna stop)

I am not actively running other software on this computer but I do have other programs installed. The heavy hitting programs are Adobe suite (photoghop, Speedgrade, after effects, Lightroom, etc), Final Cut pro, Aperature.

No third party effects installed

Not sure if im using mercury playback engine... How would I know this?

• 3. Re: Rendering problems
              Jim_Simon Level 8

This is a bug that sometimes occurs for a few users.  The theory going around is that certain third-party effects and transitions can cause this behavior, though which ones specifically aren't known.  I've seen one report of this happening with Warp Stabilizer as well, though in my own tests, it works fine, so it's not 100% the cause.