6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2013 2:29 PM by J. Simon RSS

ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file

MC_AXXL Community Member

Hi can somebody answer to my question i ned to know how much takes to export a ISO image from Adobe encore using Adobe dymanic link ,the fotage was shot with a sony ex1 i don`tknow if is the codec.....? (hardwear codec in the midle) but i make in premiere god setings likewises but teakes like 8 to 9 hours to do 1 hour and 36 minutes of 1920/1080 fotage with all rady made (rendered) motion menu but takes like a life time to export a iso image .

I know cuda suport is not for encore,i use only trasitions (dip to black,cross disolve)no efect at all, no color coretion,no motion,no link in premiere to After effect i just imported like dinamic link in encore with somme markes i it.

What's wrong?

The setings in Encore ?

The sequence setings in Premiere ?

Adobe media link is a stupid no sens link ?

Is posible to encode and export in 9 hours a iso ?

Is h264 or MPEG -2 beter for hury up the job ?

What can i do?HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEeeeeeeelp

• 1. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
          John T Smith MVP

What version of Encore, and what is your computer hardware?

Are you creating a DVD or BluRay ISO?

• 2. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
            neil wilkes MVP

I also echo John's question - DVD or BD (your source footage is 1920x1080 so it could be either).

It would also help to know your frame rate & transcoding settings as well. Why? Because you may well be scaling and/or frame rate converting at the same time as data rate reduction - this would easil;y explain the long encoding times. Trust me on this, encoding for BD can take days, not just mere hours, depending on source footage.

Also, dip to black & cross-dissolve transitions take time - if you really want this sort of thing then I would recommend building the slideshow section in Premiere instead, and rendering this out as a video file with audio stream (elementary streams) and using from this state - always try to avoid using Encore editing tools as they are there for emergency only.

• 3. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
              MC_AXXL Community Member

The vesrsion of encore is CS 6 my Comp is Quad 2.40Gz overcloc to 3.2 8 gb of ram ho dont help at rendering at all is only CPU no ram is consume i hahe gadets an metering all over the destop

Don`t matter if is dvd or blue ray same time take 10 hours same resolution same f**** it

if is 720/576 or 1920/1080is same **** i mean the compresions the encoding time is the same

if i copres or not is adobe media link not prereder in premiere

• 4. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
                MC_AXXL Community Member

The same in dvd more maybe 1 hour or somefing like dis,but i am sure 100%is mp4 shot with Sony EX1 is full HD may be i was wrong wit premiere sequence setings i you guis know for dis camera i will be glad to try it

In premiere i see the yellow line is cuda in the scene but is only mp4 clean 25i i dont do 25p or vice versa i am not stupid is not anamorfic i i doit full HD the bit rate is set on camera to be 25mb to 35 mb per sec the same i try on blu ray not on dvd,

Neiil look is not a slide show is a wedding i know wath i am doing

Maybe i skip some fings like

Sony EX1 25i/sec from the camera exact setins for premiere sequence ????

The exact codec of that mp4 on the camera is not h 264 for sure ?????

ADL is fuckt up is not linkig codecs ok

On dis i didn`t use no a trasition was 11 hours i finish now

HOW long it takes for you to a dvd or a blueray in encore with ADL  ?

• 5. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
                  MC_AXXL Community Member

thanx i ned to give me a time how fast you cant  render 1 hour.36 minutes recordet in mp4 full Hd 1920/1080 not anamorfic 1440/1080 ,frame rate 25 interlace to BD at maximum quality with h264 is mp4 codec from apple 

• 6. Re: ENCORE takes 9 hours to encode 1.3 hours of video in iso file
                    J. Simon Community Member

Sounds like your hardware just isn't very fast.