3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 4:01 AM by Ann Bens

Adobe and Third Party Plugins

videethis as well Level 1

I'm looking for reccomendations on effect and transition packages for Premiere pro. What companies are on the ball about creating great effects and transitions?
      Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
          shooternz Level 6

I suggest you google Premiere Pro Plugins...then ask for opinions on what you find that you require.

• 2. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
            Taverino Level 2

I was one of those mis-guided individuals who compensated for my lack of experience by collecting 3rd party plug-ins, especially when they went on sale at irresistible discounts. Thinking that they may come in handy someday, I wasted money on a bunch of them I never use.

However, there are some I use on almost every PPro or AE project. Among those are plug-ins from Red Gaint for color, keying, and particles and re:Vision for speed control, motion blur, noise, etc. I tend to apply more of these in AE rather than in PPro.

For audio, I rely heavily on plug-ins from iZotope.

In AE, I also make a lot of use of the plug-ins from Video Copilot for lens blur and 3D.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have learned PPro and AE from top to bottom before buying a single plug-in. These days, when I want to apply a transition or effect to my footage that is not natively supported by PPro, AE usually gives me what I want.   

• 3. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Good post!