3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 4:01 AM by Ann Bens

Adobe and Third Party Plugins

videethis as well

I'm looking for reccomendations on effect and transition packages for Premiere pro. What companies are on the ball about creating great effects and transitions?
      Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
          shooternz Level 6

I suggest you google Premiere Pro Plugins...then ask for opinions on what you find that you require.

• 2. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
            Taverino Level 2

I was one of those mis-guided individuals who compensated for my lack of experience by collecting 3rd party plug-ins, especially when they went on sale at irresistible discounts. Thinking that they may come in handy someday, I wasted money on a bunch of them I never use.

However, there are some I use on almost every PPro or AE project. Among those are plug-ins from Red Gaint for color, keying, and particles and re:Vision for speed control, motion blur, noise, etc. I tend to apply more of these in AE rather than in PPro.

For audio, I rely heavily on plug-ins from iZotope.

In AE, I also make a lot of use of the plug-ins from Video Copilot for lens blur and 3D.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have learned PPro and AE from top to bottom before buying a single plug-in. These days, when I want to apply a transition or effect to my footage that is not natively supported by PPro, AE usually gives me what I want.   

• 3. Re: Adobe and Third Party Plugins
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Good post!