2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 12:22 AM by shuo_yang

Extension Manager CC reinstall issue

mkallen1

I was having some issues installing a particular extension for Dreamweaver CC so I "Forced Quit" Extension Manager. Then when I tried to reopen it, the app just froze everytime. I finally uninstalled and then re-installed the app so it now opens fine, but now all my extensions are gone. Basically it looks like I'll have to reload them.

My problem with this is I've been using some of the extensions a lot already in Dreamweaver CC. The extensions still work in Dreamweaver even though they don't show up in Extension Manager CC.

I know for best practices though they need to be in Extension Manager CC.

My question is if I reinstall my extensions (there are none showing in Extension Manager CC at present), will I lose all my settings that I have in place in particular extensions that I use within Dreamweaver? If that is the case, is there a way to somehow retain some file somewhere (like a preferences file) so that I don't lose the settings in the re-install process? Or are there other options here?

Thanks

Mark Allen

• 1. Re: Extension Manager CC reinstall issue
          mkallen1 Level 1

Any help here? I would really appreciate it!

I'm stuck at the moment

Thanks

Mark Allen

• 2. Re: Extension Manager CC reinstall issue
            shuo_yang Level 2

Hi mkallen,

You check "Remove Preferences" when unstalling Extension Manager, so all your extensions are gone.

For your question, if I reinstall my extensions (there are none showing in Extension Manager CC at present), will I lose all my settings that I have in place in particular extensions that I use within Dreamweaver?

I'm not sure whether your setting will be lost, it is depend on the behavior of the extension. Extension Manager just copy files to some certain place.

If the setting is very important I suggest you can ask extension producer how to backup the setting and then you can reinstall these extension.

I hope this information can help you.