4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2015 10:16 AM by Lord Fluff

Setting up BCF2000 with PrPro CC

Joost van der Hoeven Adobe Community Professional

To setup the Behringer BCF 2000 with Premiere Pro CC you need set the BCF2000 into the Mackie Control mode by holding the 4th button on the top row in while booting. "NCSo" then appears in the LCD screen.

Next, start up Pr Pro CC and in Preferences > Control Sufaces Add a Mackie Device using the default Device Type: Mackie Control.

So far so good. Faders work. :-)

Just wonding if any of the other modes of the CF2000 would be even better?

See this document: http://www.behringerdownload.de/BCF2000/BCF2000_Emulation_modes.pdf

Any documentation on the Adobe side of things?

• 1. Re: Setting up BCF2000 with PrPro CC
          Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I've just installed the BCF2000, as you say faders work as do the pan pots. I had trouble with the computer not booting with the controler attached, I had used a long usb cable (4m) to get from the pc to my desk, this was too long for the usb1 connections that this device uses. Using a shorter cable fixed it. Can't, at the moment, see how to get the master fader assigned to the controller.

• 2. Re: Setting up BCF2000 with PrPro CC
            Richard M Knight Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After more testing,

For fader automation you have to be in write or latch mode or you'll be fighting the motors, the faders are not touch sensitive.

If you press the top row of soft keys you get mute on that channel

If you press the top row and top left encoder group button you get solo on that channel

If you press thes second row softkey and the top left encoder group button you get record enable on that channel.

If you turn the panpot you get L-R, if you push and release the panpot it cycles between L-R, F-R, Centre levels, Sub Levels.

• 3. Re: Setting up BCF2000 with PrPro CC
              Lord Fluff Level 1

Hope it's ok to revive this thread,

I can get the BCF to work in either Mackie or Logic mode.

Other commands that are supported -

Bottom right - start/stop toggle

The two buttons on the row above work like J and L (so play/2x/etc and the same in reverse)

Major pain for me is that with PP it only seems possible to use Track keyframing, not clip. When I'm working on a sequence that I know will have changes made to it at a later date this is completely useless. Fine if you're creating a final mix (though you could do this in Audition) but for day to day editing it's useless sadly, except as a track-by-track monitoring mixer for viewings and so on.

• 4. Re: Setting up BCF2000 with PrPro CC
                Lord Fluff Level 1

Further playing - it IS possible to use Clip based keyframing - the bottom right button on the Encoder Groups bank of buttons switches mode between Clip and Track (with Logic mapping at least, not tested with Mackie) - this HUGELY increases the usefulness of the unit....

Very pleased :-)