4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 4:14 PM by George_Johnson

Missing the file attachment feature

Fjenngard Level 1

The build in formcentral within acrobat. Seems not to offer the file attachment feature?

• 1. Re: Missing the file attachment feature
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

No, FormsCentral does not support file attachments/uploads with PDFs.

• 2. Re: Missing the file attachment feature
            Sacto_Justin

George,

Who would I talk with to understand what Adobe's plans are with regards to this functionality?

We are in the process of deciding what forms solution to standardize on for a large (11,000+ respondents) multiyear process.

This functionality, as well as the ability to set up custom calculations within FormsCentral documents, is likely to be pivotal in our decision.

Please let me know soonest.

Thank you,

Justin Regnier, P.E.

• 3. Re: Missing the file attachment feature
              gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This is a User 2 User forum so we do not konw about Adobe's plans. Contacth the customer service on the subscription site or Adobe customer service.

• 4. Re: Missing the file attachment feature
                George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Justin,

I'm going to move this discussion to the FormsCentral forum where a number of Adobe employees frequently answer questions.

With regards to file attachments and PDF forms used with FormsCentral, I have a feature request for file uploads that you can vote for: http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/2619

Voting for a feature us a way for the FormsCentral team to get an idea about how much interest there is for adding a particular feature. Some ideas that have been proposed this way have been implemented in FormsCentral

I realize that file uploads may not be what you have in mind though. If you want to be able to attach files directly to PDFs, this too would be possible if Adobe were to allow it. Currently, when a PDF is Reader-enabled by FormsCentral, the usage rights are less than what Acrobat can provide, which is a subset (along with certain licensing restrictions) or what LiveCycle Reader Extensions provides. The file attachment usage right is one that only Reader Extensions can add.