5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 7:20 AM by A.T. Romano

can't download menu

Cowboy12061

I have PE11 on an older Vista system.   I have added my own menu markers and I go to "Tools / menus"  after selecting the menu that i want, it says that it is downloading it, this goes on forever, system is hung.  Have to terminate the program to get out.

• 1. Re: can't download menu
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, this process might take a few moments, or can take quite a while. When you first go to download the Additional Functional Content (AFC), you are given the choice of just downloading the desired item, or to download ALL of the (AFC). If one checks ALL, this can take quite a long time. I would initiate the download and then go get a cup of coffee, and be patient.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: can't download menu
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also see this fairly recent thread for more discussion on downloading AFC: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5635711#5635711

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: can't download menu
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Cowboy12061

If you do not want to opt for the cups of coffee while you wait for the Content download (single item or All), you might want to put a check mark next to the option on the dialog to run the Content downloading process in the background so that you might continue with something else.

At such time as you get your downloads complete for the program (DVD templates, title templates, movie themes, etc), you might want to plan strategy for the day when you might have to deactivate/uninstall/reinstall the program. In that likelihood, please check out my blog post on Premiere Elements 11 Content download and saving the completed Online Folder to a 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: can't download menu
                Cowboy12061 Level 1

Thanks for your feedback.  Unfortunately, I tried to wait it out.  It definitely was hung.   I left the system "downloading" for 24 hourts.   At the same time I downloaded something else from the Adobe site at a speed of slightly over 1M/s.   Getting very frustrated, it's just not working.

• 5. Re: can't download menu
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Cowboy12061

Sorry that the waiting approach for your menu to download has not met with success.

Although nonetheless frustrating, please give that menu download another try at different times during the day. Have you tried the download with the anti-virus and firewalls disabled?

But I would ask "Can you download any of those menus? Or is it just the one that you want that will not download? If it is just the one, then please name the menu.

Thanks.

ATR