9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 7:34 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

seunltd Community Member

I need to convert my 346 kb, 8'16" video, now saved as a .prel into MP4 so everyone may access this on my website.  How may I go about this?

Thank you.

MusicAddict1

• 1. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?
          John T Smith CommunityMVP

.prel is a project file, not a video file

open that project and share/export to the video format you need

Help-and-Tutorials page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links about sharing

• 2. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?
            the_wine_snob Community Member

Welcome to the forum.

What version of PrE are you using?

As John T. points out, the PREL file is the Project file, to be used in PrE only. Open that PREL/Project in PrE, and after it loads, go to the Share, or the Publish+Share Tab. There, you will get the dialog, where you choose the type of Share that you wish to do. You will go with QuickTime. Note: many of the dialog screens in Share/Publish+Share exceed the size of the Panel, so one will need to look to the far-right of that Panel for the little scroll bar (really tough to see), and then scroll to find the options that are needed. Many folk miss that scroll bar, and think that their PrE is missing a lot of export options.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?
              A.T. Romano Community Member

seunltd

Please say what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system is it running.

Then please give the properties of your video that you now have on the Premiere Elements Timeline and want to export to

a .mp4 file. I am looking for video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, file extension for starters.

I do not understand your description

346 kb, 8'16" video

The 346 KB is probably the file size of the video file. But what is "8'16"?

With the information, I will give you a very details account of how to do what you seek, for example, H.264.mp4.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

The 346 KB is probably the file size of the video file. But what is "8'16"?

I took that to mean 00;08;16;00 (in SMPT), for a Duration of 08 mins. & 16 sec., but perhaps I am wrong.

Hunt

• 5. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

Hunt

Thanks for a possible interpretation for 8'16". Good to know duration for the video if that is what that represents. But right now priority is for info on video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, file extension for starters so that I can set up the project correctly for the H.264.mp4 export.

In view of your interpretation of 8'16" as video duration, I would ask for a double check/confirmation on the file size of 346 KB besides the video properties that I have already inquired about.

Looking forward to that information from seunltd.

ATR

• 6. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

I just did not want you to puzzle over that <<8' 16">> comment.

Hunt

• 7. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

Hunt

Appreciated the 8'16" comment. In fact, it encouraged me to ask for a confirmation on what appears to be a 346 KB file size.

Thanks again.

ATR

• 8. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?
                        seunltd Community Member

Thanks Bill Hunt and A.T. Romano.  I successfully uploaded my Adobe

Premiere Elements 9 .prel file onto YouTube.  8'16"  is indeed eight

minutes 16 seconds.  I still would like to convert my "project into MP4.

One would think this is a no-brainer, but software developers still do not

see the public's need to be able to move files around in a universal

format.  Good enough that there is a share facility in this software.

Thank you, people.

Seunltd

• 9. Re: How may I convert .prel video into MP4?

seunltd

Still not enough information to let me give you the complete step by step for your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 H.264.mp4 export, but here is the best I can do with the information supplied. Assuming the project is set up correctly,

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

Computer

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone with Presets = iPod and iPhone High Quality (the default is 640 x 480 @ 30 progressive frames per second).

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab you can change the export settings.

Tip: Often to be able to set the frame size, you need to be sure that the Profile and Level values are adjusted properly before trying to adjust the frame size.

For more details than that I need more details.

Thanks.

ATR