4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2013 8:48 AM by the_wine_snob

Prel saved to avi

Goozzie

Hi,

I cannot export my prel files to avi files. It seems that the EXPORT choice on the file menu in elments 10 is greyed out. Has anyone got any ideas please...

• 1. Re: Prel saved to avi
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

1. What version of PrE are you using?
          2. What OS and version are you running?

Since PrE 7, the output function has been moved to the Share Tab. With PrE 11, that is the Publish+Share Tab (upper-right of the GUI). Have you checked that out?

Be aware that many of the options in Share, or Publish+Share are too many to fit into the Panel, so one must scroll to see them all. There is a little scroll bar, that is tough to see, to the far right of that options Panel, so you might need to scroll, to see what you are looking for.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Prel saved to avi
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Help-and-Tutorials page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links to share options

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Prel saved to avi
              Goozzie Level 1

Thanks Bill and thanks John.

About 10 mins after I had posted this question I realised what I had to do to save my prel as an avi file.

I have done this many times but the memory is getting shadowy with age I'm afraid.

I must have been having a senior moment at the time.

But thanks once again to you both for your correct and prompt replies.

And just to let you know I am running Win 7 Ultimate with an i7 Processor and 24 GB Ram and using Elements 10.

Thanks once again

Goozzie

• 4. Re: Prel saved to avi
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Goozzie,

No problem.

In Adobe parlance, Save is the process of actually Saving the PREL/Project file. In PrE parlance, the terms for outputting to an AV file would be Export (prior to version 7), Share (versions 7 - 10), and Publish+Share for PrE 11.

For a bit more background on the PREL, and on the Save functions (there are basically three versions, plus AutoSave), see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3392837#3392837

When working in the Project (and especially with larger, more intricate Projects), I use all three versions of Save, depending on what I need to do.

Good luck,

Hunt