6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 7:03 PM by the_wine_snob

Deleting Chips

jukupdv

How is the best/fastest way to delete several clips at one time.

• 1. Re: Deleting Chips
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

There are two ways, though very similar:

1. Click on the first Clip to Select it, and then hold down Shift to then Select all others. This is good, when the Clips to be Deleted are non-contiguous.
          2. Using the Cursor, click on one Clip, but do not let go - instead, drag the Cursor to include all other desired Clips (works best, when all Clips are contiguous).

Once Selected, hit the Delete key, or Rt-click on the Selected Clips, and from the drop-down, chose the type of Delete, that you want (more options with Rt-click).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Deleting Chips
            jukupdv Level 1

Many thanks. Can you respond to another question here or do I have to go through the forum?

After moving selected clips fro video 1 to video 2, can a separate file on each be made, and burn each?

JKF

• 3. Re: Deleting Chips
              the_wine_snob Level 9

There should not be an issue, working on another question here.

Now, I would like a bit of clarification, on exactly what you have, please.

I assume that you have Selected Clips, and have moved them to Video Track 2. Is that correct? Are those above other Clips on Video Track 1, or are they over unused sections of Video Track 1?

Now, are you asking how to output, i.e. Share/Publish+Share each Video Track's material to a separate AV file, or do you want one AV file, with the material, located as you have it, into one AV file?

If you could post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing what you have, and then restate what you desire to do, someone can likely help guide you. Tip: to attach a JPEG, or PNG of your Timeline, use the little "camera icon," in the middle of the Toolbar, in the forum editing screen.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Deleting Chips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jukupdv

I do not see that you have named the version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

Please do so in order to give you the details that would be specific for your version as well as any details common to Premiere Elements any version.

We will be looking forward to the Timeline content locations that you want to export selectively.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Deleting Chips
                  jukupdv Level 1

Could not find the camera icon in the forum editing screen, not sure I know about the forum editing screen.

I have moved some clips from video 1 to video 2 on the time line. I want to place video 1 and video 2 in a separate file, and add other media to each later. Thanks for helping this novice.

Julian

• 6. Re: Deleting Chips
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

The "camera icon" for attaching a JPEG, or PNG is here:

Adobe_Forum_Image.jpg

Depending on your browser, it might move a bit, but will be in that general area.

Good luck,

Hunt