5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2009 9:15 AM by William_Donelson

Breakpoint added on code line

William_Donelson Level 1
      I have some code on my Mac dual G4 OSX 10.4.11 with Director 10.1

It's been working fine. Now suddenly, I cannot get breakpoints to set on Good Lines with Good Code (many different lines). The "dot" breakpoint instead appears on comment lines or many lines below the desired point.

Other lines accept breakpoints just fine.

When I try to step through the code, lines are skipped.

I've re-compiled, repaired permissions, restarted my Mac, etc. Still, some breakpoints refuse to be set.

Any ideas?

Thanks
      William

• 1. Re: Breakpoint added on code line
          Level 7
          William_Donelson wrote:
          > Other lines accept breakpoints just fine.
          >
          > When I try to step through the code, lines are skipped.
          >
          > I've re-compiled, repaired permissions, restarted my Mac, etc. Still,
          > some breakpoints refuse to be set.
          >
          > Any ideas?

Have you done "remove all breakpoints"? And Save As...?

Andrew

• 2. Re: Breakpoint added on code line
            William_Donelson Level 1
            Yes, thanks.

I've even copied the script into a text file. Deleted the member, then re-inserted the script into a new member. I'm beginning to think there's some serious corruption somewhere.

I'm just about to go to a backup, but that would cost me about 4-5 hours of re-programming (not that you ever remember everything you did... sigh...)

• 3. Re: Breakpoint added on code line
              Level 7
              I'm sorry to say, I see that fairly often but it usually goes away with some
              action that I haven't necessarily documented but it's probably saving or
              clearing breakpoints and adding them back.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

How about the old "Script Cast Member Not Found"
              --
              Craig

"William_Donelson" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gneocv$ju9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Yes, thanks.
              >
              > I've even copied the script into a text file. Deleted the member, then
              > re-inserted the script into a new member. I'm beginning to think there's
              > some
              > serious corruption somewhere.
              >
              > I'm just about to go to a backup, but that would cost me about 4-5 hours
              > of
              > re-programming (not that you ever remember everything you did... sigh...)
              >
              >
              >
              >

• 4. Re: Breakpoint added on code line
                multiduck Level 1
                This happens for me too from time to time in D2004, usually the solution is to intentionally add something that will trigger directors syntax check. For example ad a line with "x = " and then shift - f8 to recompile all scripts. You should now be able to add breakpoints correctly.
                • 5. Breakpoint added on code line
                  William_Donelson Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: multiduck
                  This happens for me too from time to time in D2004, usually the solution is to intentionally add something that will trigger directors syntax check. For example ad a line with "x = " and then shift - f8 to recompile all scripts. You should now be able to add breakpoints correctly.
                  No that didn't work, either. I was aware of that, thanks. One of the first things I tried.

In the end, I just went back to an older backup of my project. That worked fine.

At some point, you just accept the loss, go back, and pick up the pieces and move on.

Sigh.