3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2013 5:02 PM by A.T. Romano

help adding video files

m-short123

I am trying to add media from one file to another.  when i have AAA.prel open, i select: file/add media/files and folders, i can see the file i want to use, BBB.prel but it is greyed out so I cannot select it.  How do I take video from BBB and add it to AAA?

• 1. Re: help adding video files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

m-short123

You cannot. You cannot import one project.prel file into another project.prel.

If you want to get the Timeline content of BBB.prel into AAA.prel, then you have to export the BBB.prel Timeline to an appropriate file saved to the computer hard drive and then import that file into AAA.prel, using AAA.prel's Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets from where you drag the import to the Expert workspace Timeline to join the AAA.prel content already there.

It is always good to say what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running. But I have assumed your version is Premiere Elements 11 since you do mention "Add Media" instead of "Get Media". But whatever Premiere Elements version or computer operating system, you cannot import one project.prel into another.

Please let us know if you need further information on this topic.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: help adding video files
            m-short123 Level 1

thanks.  i appreciate the help. 

i am using 11.  seems liks a simple thing to want to do.  this software makes simple things hard

• 3. Re: help adding video files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

m-short123

Sorry that what you wanted to do with the program is not possible (any version).

There is a copy/paste insert between projects that is possible with supplemental program Clipmate.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-pe.html

But, as mentioned in the blog post, version 11 has a problem just with the copy/paste insert between projects with regard to transitions. Your export of the BBB.prel Timeline content to an appropriate file for import into AAA.prel is probably the easiest route to getting the job done.

Thanks for the follow up and success with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR