6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2013 9:35 PM by JJMack

cs6 video

nancybeach

Using cs6 and video won't play on tv/dvd?  Settings?  Have tried several and nothing is working?  It will play on computer but I need it to show on tv using dvd player.

• 1. Re: cs6 video
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Did you burn a data dvd or a video dvd. If a data dvd does your dvd player support the video format you wrote. Can you play the dvd on you computer?

• 2. Re: cs6 video
            nancybeach Level 1

Yes, it plays on computer. I think I burned a video dvd.

• 3. Re: cs6 video
              nancybeach Level 1

I also have adobe elements 11 and those videos play fine on dvd.  I'm sure it's just a setting, but for the life of me I can't figure it out!!!

• 4. Re: cs6 video

If you seen names like name.mp4 or name.mov on you PC you burned a data dvd not a video dvd. Put a movie dvd you have in your computer an look at file names on it....

• 5. Re: cs6 video
                  nancybeach Level 1

Yes, it shows as .mp4.  It gives the options as h.264, quick time and dpx.  I know the dpx is for pics only without video.  I have been choosing h.264 and tried different combos of 1080, 720p.... I like the video editing part but I just can't seem to figure out what settings to get it to play on tv/dvd like elements?  I used pics and audio clips with few texts.  I'm not sure why this is so hard?  I have not been able to find any tutorials on this either.  Most are on premiere and not just photoshop cs6. Nothing shows what settings to pick for ouput to regular dvd.

• 6. Re: cs6 video

Look at the dvd burning software you have on you machine. Often machines that are purchased with a dvd burner come with some software for burning different format dvd pre-installed on the machine. Like mine came with Sonic Roxio