3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 2:44 AM by lakrsroool

Download and Installation of Flash Falyer

trevorqs

My Flash Player became corrupt, I uninstalled it and tried to download the lastest version of Flash Player. The Installer downloads with no problems, but immediately I try and open the installer it gives me the following error " The program can't start because sliprt.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. I have tried various Registry Cures/Repair/Restore programs to fix the problem. I have also found the "missing file" in C:/windows root directory, so I am not sure what the problem is. Flash Player is used by so may applications and it is very frustrating not to be able to use my programs. Please can somebody help mw with Flash Player installation. Trevor

• 1. Re: Download and Installation of Flash Falyer
          Mike M Level 6

You can download the sliprt.dll file here: http://www.dllfiles.org/file_detail.php?fname=sliprt.dll&file=s Don't ask how to deal with it after that, since I don't know.

• 2. Re: Download and Installation of Flash Falyer
            pwillener Level 8

Do not download DLL files; DLLs must match your operating system, service pack level, and patch level.  Even if you get an exactly matching copy, you will still need to register them correctly.

Try if the offline installers work better:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

• 3. Re: Download and Installation of Flash Falyer
              lakrsroool

I went to this website: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?sliprt and clicked the "download sliprt.dll fixer" option on the website (they give you one dll fix for free).

This solved my problem after numerous installation failures with the same sliprt.dll missing error.

You can also download the dll directly by unzipping the file and installing it yourself ALSO FOR FREE and you can do this as many times as you want. They have help on doing this on this web site: http://www.dll-files.com/unzip.php and also more help where to install dll on this web page: http://www.dll-files.com/support/#q1

Part of the instructions to manually install the dll is the following found on the last web page I mentioned above:

• Windows® 95/98/Me: C:\Windows\System
              • Windows NT/2000: C:\WINNT\System32
              • Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7: C:\Windows\System32

If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place the file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

I was curious after letting the "download sliprt.dll fixer" do it for me to see where the sliprt.dll was actually installed FOR IN MY CASE WINDOWS 7 so after doing a search I found that it was NOT installed in C:\Windows\System32 (third bullet above) but it WAS installed in C:\Windows\SysW0W64\

So this is what the automatic fix did WHICH WORKED for me.  Apparently using a 64-bit version of Windows only needs the dll in "sysWOW64" to work as it is interesting to find that the "System32" is apparently unecessary in my case using WIN7 64-BIT VERSION.

I CAN REMEMBER THAT I HAD RECENTLY UNINISTALLED A PROGRAM WHICH TOLD ME THERE WERE DLL's THAT WOULD NOT BE NEEDED (not used by any other program) SO I ALLOWED THE UNINSTALL TO DELETE THEM..... I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.... I GUESS IT'S BETTER TO TAKE A CHANCE AND LEAVE "ORPHAN" DLL's THAN TO POSSIBLY DELETE NECESSARY DLL's WHEN DOING AN UNINSTALL.  I guess some of those uninstall's LIE.

Btw, I have Slipstream web accelerator installed so the answer to this question posted earlier on March 7 2013 to uninstall the web accelerator was not impacting my error. It is a missing dll that is the problem.

I would like to add, for the life of me I can't understand why ADOBE can't be of more help in these situations.  It's apparently a relatively common error that can be fixed reasonably easy.  All ADOBE would have to do is post a FIX for errors like this.  But I guess we shoudl be grateful for a forum in order to figure things out  for ourselves HA HA.