4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 10:27 AM by Jim_Simon

Red Giant Colorsuite II confict with PP7

jwffvm Level 1

This is the first program I've Color Corected with Colorista and MBL & after putting finishing touches on an hour program Friday, I shut down for the night.  When I restarted Sat morning, Premier CC crashed and I couldn't get it to open my finished show project.  Tried opening two different autosaves of same project with no success, even got one off my time machine and it too wouldn't open.

The only thing that would allow me to open the project was to uninstall the Color suite.  The project opens fine without Colorsuite II installed.  I reinstalled Colorsuite II, project would not open, so I uninstalled again and now must go through an hour show for color correction using the standard PP color correction tools.

Has anyone run into this before?  Is there a solution other than that I've tried?  I really like the controls and options I get in Colorista II and MBL.

thx...jw

• 1. Re: Red Giant Colorsuite II confict with PP7
          jwffvm Level 1

Computer Info:

MAC PRO 2 x 2.93 GHz 6 Core

40 GB 1333 MJZ DDR3 Ram

Kona 3 card

Quadro 4000 graphics card

OS 10.8.4

Premier Pro CC 7

Video drive Apple XServe raid

plus 2 TB G-raid & 3, 2 TB internal 7200 RPM drives

Mid 2010

System SN H02020UYEUH

Processor SN: J5150032DBH8C

• 2. Re: Red Giant Colorsuite II confict with PP7
            Jim_Simon Level 8

The plug-ins seem to be working fine here.

• 3. Re: Red Giant Colorsuite II confict with PP7
              jwffvm Level 1

Mine were working fine too, until I shut down.  Walt Biscardi opined that it was MLB that was causing the problem because he has had a lot of grief with MBL in PP 7.  I disabled everything but Colorista II and was able to open my project which had retained my previous Colorista II work and I'm able to use it which makes me very happy. 

MBL will not play in this project.  I'm starting another program on Tuesday and will try MBL again, but I think there's a bug in MBL, particularly since you can't use it on an adjustment layer now, or at least many with a MAC cannot.

I saw a work around for Windows on the MBL forum, but when I tried a similar workaround for Mac it didn't work.  I really like the MBL program, it's quick, powerful & easy, so hopefully they'll have an update soon.

Have you been using MBL on long form programs?  All of mine are 1 hr television shows, so i have no experience with MBL in shorter for programs.  I think Walter's experience is more in the long form as well.

thx..jw

• 4. Re: Red Giant Colorsuite II confict with PP7
                Jim_Simon Level 8

I haven't used it on a whole project in a while, since I got my GH2.  It's video doesn't need the same tweaks as my DV video did.  So I've only used it on shorter clips since CC came out.