5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2006 7:13 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!

fowvaydriver
      hey All,
      I need to take 1,500 jpeg files and convert the names. It's not a normal conversion. I need to take say for example.. two files
      called one.jpeg and two.jpeg and make the names one_bd.jpeg and two_bd.jpeg. The text will be organized so that the first file in the list that needs to be changed.. will also be the first file in the list for the changed name.
      Can i do something like this in fireworks? if not what application would everyone suggest?
      thanks in advance,
      Jesse
        • 1. Re: Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!
          Level 7
          fowvaydriver wrote:
          > hey All,
          > I need to take 1,500 jpeg files and convert the names. It's not a normal
          > conversion. I need to take say for example.. two files
          > called one.jpeg and two.jpeg and make the names one_bd.jpeg and two_bd.jpeg.
          > The text will be organized so that the first file in the list that needs to be
          > changed.. will also be the first file in the list for the changed name.
          > Can i do something like this in fireworks? if not what application would
          > everyone suggest?
          > thanks in advance,
          > Jesse
          >
          >
          Here's one to try.......
          http://tinyurl.com/lvaxw

SKB
          • 2. Re: Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!
            Level 7
            I really like Magic File Renamer

http://www.finebytes.com/

alex

fowvaydriver wrote:
            > hey All,
            > I need to take 1,500 jpeg files and convert the names. It's not a normal
            > conversion. I need to take say for example.. two files
            > called one.jpeg and two.jpeg and make the names one_bd.jpeg and two_bd.jpeg.
            > The text will be organized so that the first file in the list that needs to be
            > changed.. will also be the first file in the list for the changed name.
            > Can i do something like this in fireworks? if not what application would
            > everyone suggest?
            > thanks in advance,
            > Jesse
            >
            >
            • 3. Re: Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!
              fowvaydriver Level 1
              Thanks so much to both of you posting a reply! Taking a look at both pieces of software. Looks like they are going to do what i need to do without to much hassle!
              You both are awesome! thanks for taking time to read my post!
              cheers,
              jess
              • 4. Re: Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!
                Level 7
                you're welcome!
                :)
                alex

fowvaydriver wrote:
                > Thanks so much to both of you posting a reply! Taking a look at both pieces of
                > software. Looks like they are going to do what i need to do without to much
                > hassle!
                > You both are awesome! thanks for taking time to read my post!
                > cheers,
                > jess
                >
                • 5. Re: Help! Need to Rename 1,500 files!!!
                  Level 7
                  fowvaydriver wrote:
                  > Thanks so much to both of you posting a reply! Taking a look at both pieces of
                  > software. Looks like they are going to do what i need to do without to much
                  > hassle!
                  > You both are awesome! thanks for taking time to read my post!
                  > cheers,
                  > jess
                  >
                  What Alex said! :)

SKB