1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2006 12:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

Can't open a projector in mac, only in win.

Angelo Trani
      Hello, using DIrector MX 2004, win platform. I made a movie that contains only one .dir file, it's a slideshow, so i used only some behaviours for the buttons, some music and two buttons that allow to send an e-mail or visit my site.
      The problem is that i create the projector (for win, mac and mac classic), and everything works ok in windows. But i can't open the .osx or .classic in mac (it says can't find the program to open it). Also, i find strange that when i publish director creates ok .exe, but for mac it creates some zipped files (say "my movie.osx.hqx", the same for classic), so i tried to unzip those files before burning my cd-rom. I put some xtras in the cd, but i suspect it's not he problem.
      Anyway, do i have to put in the cd-rom the .dxr file of the movie or is it unnecessary? (i tried both ways, i can't yet understand why i have to put that file in my cd, as in windows everything goes ok.
      Thanks for all.
        • 1. Re: Can't open a projector in mac, only in win.
          Level 7
          > Also, i find strange that when i
          > publish director creates ok .exe, but for mac it creates some zipped files (say
          > "my movie.osx.hqx", the same for classic), so i tried to unzip those files
          > before burning my cd-rom.

You *cannot* do this on a PC. The reason the file is published to a
          compressed format is so that it can be safely extracted on a Mac. If you
          extract on a Windows machine the resource forks are destroyed and it
          won't then work on a Mac.
          You *must* extract on a Mac and should therefore burn CDs there too.