3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 4:20 AM by Barre_Nick

Photoshop CC layer mask on 3d model!

Barre_Nick

Hello Adobe. I have tryed photoshop cc and found one bug. I can't paint on layer mask on 3d model. I am always use photoshop for texturing 3d characters, and i use a lot of layer masks. Now you made awesome feature when i can paint on 3d model with normal map. But i can't do anathing because of the masks.

Hope you will fix it. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC layer mask on 3d model!
          Level 7

I can paint on a layer mask for a 3D layer, or paint on the 3D layer without any problems.

What problem are you seeing, exactly?

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC layer mask on 3d model!
            Barre_Nick Level 1

Here is video where i recorded this problem. In this video i tryed to paint on layer mask on 3d model. But photoshop is painting on layer, not layer mask.

Video: http://youtu.be/A2IN-STxwwk

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC layer mask on 3d model!
              Barre_Nick Level 1

Ok, thank you very much mr. Chris Cox.

As i understand i can use different layers and masks, in document with model, and then merge it and it will project on mapping texture. But i think that it a bit uncomfortably. Because, for example i have model of gun. I want to paint rust in some places of it. How i usually do it. I make new layer filling it all by texture of rust, creating mask, filling it black (hide) and then painting on mask by white color in places where i want rust. And i want do exactly same but on 3d model, because it more simple and comfortably.

But as i understand i need to create new layer and layer mask in document with model, and paint all there, and then merge.

In this case i have 3 problems.

1. I can't rotate model before i will merge.

2. My texture of rust for example will projected on texture not correctly with distortion (as compared if i will paste it on mapping texture)

3. When i will marge this layer with layer mask i will lose my mask.