2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 8:28 AM by A.T. Romano

dvd : back to main menu after scene playing

fredowww66 Level 1

I've made already some DVD's footage without reading manual in detail about this subject (because mostly I don't need dvd versions ...).

This dvd's menu's were ok but if you choose a chapter instead of full movie button, the chapter starts playing and after that ... the movie continues (instead of going back to menu ...)

I first taught that this was my fault, because I didn't use 'stopmakers'. Now i've read about this it in the manual. But I read there that stopmarkers ALWAYS stops playing the movie and return to menu. So I still don't know how to make chapterbuttons that do only play that chapter and not the rest of the movie ... ?

I used scenemarkers for the chapters. Version PE 11.

• 1. Re: dvd : back to main menu after scene playing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is the way DVDs work. When you go to a scene, the disc will continue to play to the end of the movie.

Stop markers will change this, of course -- but they'll also make it so that your movie will stop at the marker when you click Play Movie.

• 2. Re: dvd : back to main menu after scene playing
            A.T. Romano Level 7

fredowww66

Just some thoughts to add to what has been said...

To achieve your goal

chapterbuttons that do only play that chapter and not the rest of the movie ... ?

You will need to have a stop marker at the end of each of your clips in the movie (ALL EXCEPT THE LAST CLIP) and a scene marker at the beginning of each clip. But, in doing that you sacrifice the Main Menu Play All. It will no longer Play All. Instead, it will play the first scene and then take the viewer back to the main menu.

Depending on the size of the project, to get a "Play All", you could duplicate the Timeline content (without the stop markers) and place it at the end of the movie with the stop markers, with an appropriate menu marker to head that up. I have an old thread here on that subject.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1765000#1765000

Remember that stop markers function in the playback on DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc, but not on Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful