2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2006 5:20 AM by AuthorAnne

Active Link Indicator in TOC

JackAnz Level 1

Here is an interesting problem that perhaps someone else has seen and figured out.

When I launch my published WebHelp and select a link in the table of contents, it sometimes happens that the active link indicator (the dotted outline around the selected topic in the TOC) is displaced from the actual selected topic and appears above it by about one or two topics. Thus, the dotted outline, that has the same shape as the actual selected topic, appears to be randomly situated in the TOC; it does not outline any particular topic listed in the TOC.

If I re-size the browser, the displaced active link indicator "snaps back" onto the currently selected topic and all is well.

My other projects do not seem to be doing this. This project does have some javascript running on the content pages but I don't see how it is related and, otherwise, I cannot ascertain anything that is unique about this project's TOC.

Weird.
        • 1. Re: Active Link Indicator in TOC
          MergeThis Level 4
          You say: "This project does have some javascript running on the content pages but I don't see how it is related ..."

I don't believe I've ever run into this type of problem on the forum, so I'd tend to say that your particular environment is at the heart of your problem.

If you remove this Javascript, does the problem go away?
          Are you working the project on a network (Note: shared drive = network)?
          Do some topics appear multiple times in the TOC? That always creates sync problems for RH.

Good luck,
          Leon
          • 2. Re: Active Link Indicator in TOC
            AuthorAnne
            A couple more questions.

1. What browser are you using?

2. Are any of the TOC books linked to topics?