8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2013 10:08 AM by Jim_Simon

Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!

COFilms Level 1

Hi Guys,

If anyone can help I'd be grateful as I am up against a major deadline after about 1 months work and all of a sudden Premiere Pro won't open this project!! I just starts to open and then I get this error message:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/4d57229e-3854-4b6f-8410-ce674c58121c/0b18b276fa6f879841efddd76bbfac94/deep/0/Open%20Project%20and%2016-Milne/Whittaker%20Wedding%20and%20Adobe%20Community:%20Start%20New%20Discussion.png

Can't get into this project or any of my auto saves of the same project? HELP!!

Only thing I can remember doing recently (although it was working fine since this) was updating my Nvidia and Cuda Drivers. I also installed NewBlue FX Plugin ColorFast. Would any of these cause the problem?

Any advice really gratefully received as I am starting to panic!

Cheers,

Alex

Camera On Films

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well revert to previous situation.

I would go for the plugins first.

And you also Saved a copy to another drive after every edit session?

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
            COFilms Level 1

Sorry Ann don't follow?

What previous situation?

'Go' for plug-ins?

No I did not save a copy to another drive after every edit session.

Managed to open the latest version of the project by setting up new project and then importing the current non-loading version into this new project. It has opened fine and seems to be working okay.

What was causing that?

Cheers

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
              mayhornGuy Level 1

Control Panel - Uninstall your latest - installed program.

or if system was running ok before...

Try system restoring to your latest known restore point, however you are likely to lose

latest installed update or application.

good luck

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
                MotionArmada

Mine has been doing the same thing recently. It gets to about here:

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 8.36.29 AM.png

And just hangs. If I cancel, it gives me the same error like you received.  I know this sounds stupid, and it's VERY annoying, but if I log out and log back in, or restart my computer and then ONLY open Premiere, my project opens fine.

It's definitely a bug of some kind, because if I then close that project and try to open it again (or another project), it hangs and I have to restart. Premiere can be the ONLY program running.

Do let us know if Adobe figures this out, because it NEEDS to be fixed.

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
                  doug@blonde

I've just come accross this bug too. I moved some of my media (one music file a .aiff) in the finder from one folder to another on the shared storage where my media is kept). I moved it purely for tiding purposes.

When I went to reopen my PremiereProCC project it would not open. It would get passed the Open Project timebar but then just hang.

When I moved the audio file back to it's original place the project opened fine.

This is a bit wierd because it has found offline files before but for some reason moving this audio file freaked PPCC out.

I've tried moving the audio file again and reopening and it would not open, moving it back and hey presto the project opens again.

The autosaves would also not open because of this file being moved.

It's very odd because I've had to relink a whole project before in PPCC because I'd transfered the media to a new drive but when you move one small file it can't handle it.

This bug needs to be sorted as I've just jumped from editing on FCP7 for the last 10 years and can't afford for stuff like this to happen.

If anyone has any clues on how to ensure that PPCC can relink moved media that would be great.

Cheers

Doug

running 7.0.1 (105)

OS 10.8.5

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 19.36.33.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 19.49.29.png

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
                    doug@blonde Level 1

Does Anyone from Adobe read these posts?

I run a small production company with about 5 edit suites all editing from shared storage.

FCP7 runs on it fine and if you need to move media about (even when a project is running) FCP7 has no problems, it either finds it without you having to do anything (which I think is amazing) or it comes up as offline and you just relink it, simple.

What it has never done is crash and then when you try to reopen the project you can't, which is what PPCC 7.0.1 has done.

I am hoping to try to start editing with Adobe PPCC for all new projects but this is concerning and could cause me to consider alternatives.

Is there a proper support package that adobe offer?

If this were to happen on a paid job where deadlines factor I would have been in serious trouble.

If someone could get back to me that would be amazing.

Cheers,

Doug

London UK

Running PP 7.0.1 (105)

OS 10.8.5

Shared Storage GLabs-Space 32TB

• 7. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
                      doug@blonde Level 1

Just found this regarding support:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/support/programs/enterprise/platinum_gold/

Found out Adobe do enterprise support. I might enquire.

However if anyone has any idea how to solve the relinking bug that would be amazing.

Cheers,

Doug

• 8. Re: Premiere Pro CC not opening Project or AutoSaves!!
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

Does Anyone from Adobe read these posts?

This is a user forum.  Employees do pop in from time to time, but it's not guaranteed.

5 edit suites all editing from shared storage.

That could be a problem with Premiere Pro.  It doesn't have the best history of network collaboration.  Outside of the high end Adobe Anywhere solution, the recommendation at this point in time is to keep everything local when editing, using the network only for archiving.