4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 8:34 AM by Robyn Leigh

Animate a square

Robyn Leigh

Hi guys, I am wanting to rotate a square in animate if anyone can help please?

Basically I want to have a square spin from off the page onto the page in a particular place, I need it to spin quickly and then slow down to finally stop... any ideas please?? I am new to edge and muse. Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: Animate a square
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

This should help

1. Position the square element (mine is off-stage) and the Timeline Playhead (mine is at 0).

As captured the elements properties you want to pin to the Timeline is its Position: Left X value and its Transform: Rotate value (both circled in the Properties Panel)

one.png

2. Add a Keyframe for Left:X | Rotate to the Timeline at the position of the Playhead.

To add a keyframe simply click the little diamond/marker (circled) in the Properties Panel. Once clicked they will be added to the Timeline.

two.png

3. Reposition the Playhead on the Timeline; then adjust the Left X | Rotate values, as captured.

In my example it quickly animates in in under a half a second just shy of the midway area of the document.

three.png

4. Adjust the Playhead and repeat value changes. Except this time add more time from the last change (.500) mark. Say another 3 seconds.

four.png

Preview:  http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/animatea/

Download:     http://www.heathrowe.com/edge/animatea/animatea.zip

hth

Darrell

• 2. Re: Animate a square
            Robyn Leigh Level 1

Thank you Darrell, always very helpful

Any ideas on why my background that I have generated on my mac wont work on all system types? I have created a different discussion with no replies to this thanks

• 3. Re: Animate a square
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Hi Robyn, which thread are you you referring to?

Darrell

• 4. Re: Animate a square
                Robyn Leigh Level 1

Hiya, I don't have many discussions if you look at my profile. Basically it's about the background slide show I've created works on my mac and iPhone but not my laptop and iPad... Any ideas why?