3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2013 2:54 PM by A.T. Romano

How to remove red eye from you video with adobe premiere elements?

Ang.Fel Level 1

I would be greatful if someone could let me know how to remove red eye from a video, which I will be using for my acting reel. Thank you!

• 1. Re: How to remove red eye from you video with adobe premiere elements?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ang.Fel

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have an integrated set of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements (such as 10/10, 11/11)?

How long is this person with the red eye viewed?

There are two possibilities that I can think of, but I would have to work it through with the actual footage and adapt accordingly.

1. Keying and color correction.

2. In Premiere Elements, do a freeze frame (in Freeze Frame dialog, Edit in Photoshop Elements after Insertion + Insert in Movie Option + adjustment of duration of the Freeze Frame bmp).

In Photoshop Elements, Red Eye Tool if possible or other color correction tool there.

How did you ever get red eye in video?

ATR

• 2. Re: How to remove red eye from you video with adobe premiere elements?
            Ang.Fel Level 1

Thank you for your reply! This is premiere elements 10. I know how to get rid of the red eye with photoshop. But not in the video. I can send you the video, perhaps you can get rid of it?

I was shooting inside, but it was quite dark. So I'm figuring out how to brighten it up, without losing the quality and getting rid of the red eye:)

• 3. Re: How to remove red eye from you video with adobe premiere elements?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ang.Fel

We would be OK with telling you how to go about this and can give you guidelines, but we are not prepared to take this on as an individual project.

But, if you could post here a link to a small sample video with the red eye, I would offer, as a favor, to look at it and advise. The principles of keying and color correction are easy enough to explain but putting them into action in this case is going to require a first hand look at what is involved...

a. how long the person with the red eyes appears and are these all close up shots

b. the movement of the person with the red eyes

c. other

Your best and probably easiest chances are with creating the freeze frames in Premiere Elements and using the Photoshop Elements edited freeze frames inserted appropriately in the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline.

ATR