7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 7:11 AM by Holt7883

The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing

Holt7883

I have captured a video from my Sony Handycam DCR-TRV22.  The video is 720/29.something.  The import and editing portion went off with no problems.  However, when I try to publish the video to a file to view on a PC, the audio for ONLY the beginning of the video is messed up.  It appears to be looping a brief section of the audio from a clip later on in the timeline.  I have tried publishing the video in various formats and they all are the same.  Not sure what to do next.  When I play the video from the timeline, no issues either.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

• 1. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Holt7883

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

First order of troubleshooting is to make sure that the project is set up correctly since that can have far reaching consequences on the project as a whole at various phases of the project.

From your mention of the camera and the 720/29 something, I am assuming that you have HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements, putting MPEG2.mpg on your Timeline, but that would be 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 and would merit a project preset of NTSC HDV HDV 1080p30. Am I close in my assumptions? The information is important so please confirm or supply the detailed information. It is not clear what that 720/29 something is.

Next inspect the Timeline content and tracks (all video/audio tracks, narration, soundtrack) of the problem project. Expand the Timeline with the - + slider above the Timeline and look for irregularies in the content arrangement.

How are you exporting your Timeline content (export choices and settings) and what are you using for player(s) for this export?

Let us start here. I will check your thread in the morning for your further details. The answers will be in the details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
            Holt7883 Level 1

I am using Elements 11 on Windows 7.  I have DV camera and the data  is importing as an avi. file.  I am using a firewire to import the video into Elements.  I dont have time this morning to really look into the timeline data for irregularities but I will this evening. 

I am exporting my timeline with a preset of HD720p 30 currently but I have tried several others as well with the same results.  Although, the description below the advanced button after clicking publish says the following:

Description: 720p High Defenition movie for playback on this pc

File type: MPEG2

Frame Size: 1280x720

Frame Rate: 29.97

TV Standard: NTSC

Audio Setting: MPEG, 384 kbps, 48khz, 16 bit, stereo

File size: 3318.36 MB

I apologize if I am not giving you enough information.  Very new to this.  Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Holt7883

Thanks for the follow up with the clarification information.

If you are doing DV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Window, how did you have the camera set, for standard 4:3 or standard widescreen 16:9? Either way, you are putting dv.avi on the Timeline, but this could be dv.avi standard or widescreen. This point targets the project preset which you or the program set to establish the space in the Edit Mode monitor for editing purposes.

What happens to the video when it is exported as:

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG (assumed that is where you are for the 720p that you cited)

and you use Presets = NTSC DVD Standard or Widescreen

for another time

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

and use Presets = NTSC DV Standard or Widescreen?

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
                Holt7883 Level 1

I am not sure of the settings on the camera and not really sure how to find out.  I am trying the suggested settings below now to publish.  I will let you know if that works.

Thanks,

• 5. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Holt7883

I will be calling it a day shortly, so I will be sure to look for further developments in the morning.

See how things go. If you think that it would be helpful, you could let us know the brand/model of your camera and we can

figure out what you are shooting?

Thanks for the update.

ATR

• 6. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
                    Holt7883 Level 1

Well, I tried the new settings and it still didnt work.  The beginning audio is actually from a clip 7 clips down my timeline.  When I play from my timeline, everything is perfect.  The camera is a Sony DV Digital Handycam.  Not sure if this matters but the audio it is playing is in the Audio 3 line.

• 7. Re: The opening clips audio is messed up when publishing
                      Holt7883 Level 1

Here is the video properties:

Capture Image.PNG